• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nice place to live eh

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice place to live eh

Shocking footage shows Hackney police officer wrestle with suspect as passersby take selfies | Daily Mail Online

I would hate to be a police person in this country right now. I wonder even if these idiots will face prosecution.

Lawless Britain.

Trigger warning. Article from the DM.

Heard about this on R4 this morning.

Whilst I think filming the event helps an investigation, it only needs one or two people to do that. The rest are just sick (not in a good way) voyeurs for standing by and watching.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
      Shocking footage shows Hackney police officer wrestle with suspect as passersby take selfies | Daily Mail Online

I would hate to be a police person in this country right now. I wonder even if these idiots will face prosecution.

Lawless Britain.

Phew. Thanks for the trigger warning (but could you put it before the link next time - that was a near miss). If you can find something a bit more smug metropolitan elitist, I'll ask my emotional support peahen to review it for me.

Comment

Here you go. From the left wing media with a safe space picture.

Hackney police attack condemned as 'sickening' - BBC News
        Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Lawless Britain.

Truly outrageous - but this is what you expect if you hang around with criminals. I bet the DM are glad that people were filming and taking photos (instead of helping).
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

It's a fine line for the police, they don't want to appear heavy handed but they need to keep control.

At the moment, looks like many idiots think it's a free for all. Including the extreme right-wing bunch that was out yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
              Here you go. From the left wing media with a safe space picture.

Hackney police attack condemned as 'sickening' - BBC News
              hah wow, the difference between the reporting of the two is pretty extreme.

Comment

It doesn't even feature on the Guardian's home page.

Comment

Lawless Britain.

Tory world, like the 80's all over again. Lawlessness, broken economy, everyone in debt to their eyeballs. We now just need a war with an island nation no one cares about.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

hah wow, the difference between the reporting of the two is pretty extreme.
                    indeed guess which paper

In a statement, the Met said: "As an officer attempted to speak with those involved, one of the men resisted and a struggle ensued. A number of other people became involved whilst the officer was on the ground."Footage appears to show the officer trying to restrain a man but they then fall to the ground with the officer pinned under the suspect.
                    Passers-by began filming and taking selfies as the officer and the suspect grappled.
                    The female officer attempted to keep people away from the scene and also suffered injuries before more officers arrived and arrested the two men currently in custody.

Four people, two on bikes, quickly crowd around the altercation. Two more men arrive, one carrying a baseball bat.Seconds later, a punch appears to land on the back of the officer's head, who is still on the floor.
                    As one member of the crowd leans over to shout at the officer, his colleague arrives at the scene and screams at the crowd to 'get back'.
                    When she attempts to push the crowd away, they grab at her arms and begin to shout at her.
                    One of the crowd then dances in front of the altercation, while appearing to take a selfie.
                    In a separate video, members of the crowd are seen kicking at the female officer's legs as she tries to break apart her colleague from the suspect.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X