• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gone - league of gentlemen

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Little Britain - otherwise Daffyd would have to live in Swindon.
    Sorry I have no idea what that means?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      It's helpful to Netflix, which is what Directors of Netflix are legally required to care about
      I think that remains to be seen. The centre ground is a large place and I'm sure there are a great number of people who a) support BLM, b) understand and accept that blackface is problematic and unnecessary yet c) do not believe that historical content should be removed.

Homophobia and sexism are also problematic, unacceptable by today's standards yet rampant across the history of TV and film. Will those be next?

Comment

Are they going to remove all movies where a person that is "up to something" represents a minority?

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
          I think Disney have a more balanced approach - a lot of their back catalogue contains stuff that would be considered problematic and they have placed appropriate warnings and explanations in the programme descriptions.
          "Song of the South".
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            "Song of the South".
            Well that one isn't on Disney+ at all but it keeping that one locked up in the archives isn't exactly a new policy it would seem.

Comment

I think that remains to be seen.
              Are you going to cancel your subscription in protest?

Do you think many people will?

Number of people who watched that tulip on Netflix is probably 0 anyway

Comment

Are you going to cancel your subscription in protest?
                No. I respect their right to take whatever content off their platform they want even if I don't agree with their stance. But it does just seem yet another distraction that will be endlessly debated and distract from real problems. Instead of having a conversation and debate and educating people about *why* these are problematic, people will just spend time arguing about whether or not they should be removed.
                Last edited by TheCyclingProgrammer; 11 June 2020, 12:20.

Comment

But it does just seem yet another distraction that will be endlessly debated and distract from real problems.
                  That's life....

Comment

Could this kind of knee-jerk reaction end up having a negative impact on the cause itself? How is it actually helping Black Lives Matter?
                    I'd say yes, it will help weaponise alternative narratives, some of which are moderate but my worry is there are many that will be fuelled that derive from true racism.

Comment

That's life....
                      Dogs that say "Sausages".

YouTube

When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X