• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gone - league of gentlemen

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    Sorry I have no idea what that means?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Search "only gay in the village".
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

This is just the start.

Buy content on DVD/BR or secure download while it's not censored.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        This is just the start.

Buy content on DVD/BR or secure download while it's not censored.
        They won't censor it. They will make it available in DVD only, put an RFID in the DVD case, which will activate your smartphone to trigger a 5G lethal dose ray of Covid 19.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          They won't censor it. They will make it available in DVD only, put an RFID in the DVD case, which will activate your smartphone to trigger a 5G lethal dose ray of Covid 19.
          It will also send 52% of your account balance to HMRC and erase the rest.

Comment

At the end of the day, if you really want to watch outdated comedies you can presumably buy It Ain't Half Hot Mum, Love They Neighbour etc on DVD.

And if not, I'm going into business - there must be a real matket there judging by the comments I've been reading on various sites . Kerching!!

Comment

Originally posted by Excursion UK View Post
              At the end of the day, if you really want to watch outdated comedies you can presumably buy It Ain't Half Hot Mum, Love They Neighbour etc on DVD.

And if not, I'm going into business - there must be a real matket there judging by the comments I've been reading on various sites . Kerching!!
              Got it.

And the "outdated" Fawlty Towers.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

This will never stop. It'll only start with comedies. That is why it's unacceptable.
                ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Starting to see some pushback from people on the left against this now, rightly pointing out that nobody is calling for a culture war and that all of this is just creating a distraction from important matters.

People are pointing out that this is probably being driven by largely white people on boards of these companies who are terrified of doing the wrong thing and their knee jerk reaction is to just start pulling stuff off their platform. It’s a lazy response.

The latest thing is Fawlty Towers - the germans episode. Or more accurately, the “n****s” and “w**s” episode. The BBC cut this scene out with John Cleese’s blessing 7 years ago and have been showing it edited since then so I’m baffled as to why UKTV and Netflix are showing the original version.

People need to start getting a grip.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Good, tulipe just like Little England.
                    Netflix is a private (publicly traded) company, they can ban whatever they deem appropriate.
                    And did they use protected characteristics in this case?
                    It's helpful to Netflix, which is what Directors of Netflix are legally required to care about
                    Are you going to cancel your subscription in protest?

Do you think many people will?

Number of people who watched that tulip on Netflix is probably 0 anyway
                    That's life....

Comment

Working...
                    X