• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gone - league of gentlemen

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gone - league of gentlemen

https://twitter.com/skynews/status/1...419432962?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Good, tulipe just like Little England.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Good, tulipe just like Little England.
      Little England

Mighty Boosh

League of Gentlemen

I agree - all total carp.

But I don’t think we should ban them.

http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Netflix is a private (publicly traded) company, they can ban whatever they deem appropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
          Little England

Mighty Boosh

League of Gentlemen

I agree - all total carp.

But I don’t think we should ban them.

Little Britain - otherwise Daffyd would have to live in Swindon.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Netflix is a private (publicly traded) company, they can ban whatever they deem appropriate.

No they cant if they use protected characteristics to decide. That would be discrimination.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              No they cant if they use protected characteristics to decide. That would be discrimination.
              And did they use protected characteristics in this case?

Comment

Please tell me I'm not the only left wing liberal type who is struggling to understand this?

Regardless of whether you think all blackface is racism, or its mostly racist but needs to be taken in context - I can understand both points of view - what is achieved by removing this? It feels like companies are taking the lazy path to avoid criticism.

I think Disney have a more balanced approach - a lot of their back catalogue contains stuff that would be considered problematic and they have placed appropriate warnings and explanations in the programme descriptions. It's not wrong to have a discussion about *why* these depictions are problematic, but not allowing anyone to see it just feels like brushing it under the carpet.

Could this kind of knee-jerk reaction end up having a negative impact on the cause itself? How is it actually helping Black Lives Matter?

Comment

Of course they can - and I said this the other day in the Little Britain thread. But is it helpful?

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
                    But is it helpful?
                    It's helpful to Netflix, which is what Directors of Netflix are legally required to care about

Comment

Working...
                    X