• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So who's making plans for Nigel now?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So who's making plans for Nigel now?

Nigel Farage leaves radio station LBC - BBC News

From saying he'll be "back at Six tomorrow" to gone, in less than 24 hrs.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

That’s some good news

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

I suspect he put his fees up and they told him he needs to be more cuddly. Cue a barney.

I expect we will get a diverse presenter next.
      Maajid Nawaz is their only one. If the new one is as good as him I might listen.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

He's moving in with vetran and they'll be broadcasting pertinent journalism from his bedroom...
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
          That’s some good news

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

why?

Sacking the unfunny Nick Abbot and sadly lefty OBrien would be an improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            I suspect he put his fees up and they told him he needs to be more cuddly. Cue a barney.

I expect we will get a diverse presenter next.
            Maajid Nawaz is their only one. If the new one is as good as him I might listen.
            Maajid has this problem that he often is misunderstanding something without being aware of that. This leads to some annoying conversations that he wants to prove his listener is wrong, while being confident he knows what he is talking about and the listener is trying to explain that he is actually missing the point. That makes his shows lack substance. He is, however, still the most interesting of the presenters.

Comment

Originally posted by elsergiovolador View Post
              Maajid has this problem that he often is misunderstanding something without being aware of that. This leads to some annoying conversations that he wants to prove his listener is wrong, while being confident he knows what he is talking about and the listener is trying to explain that he is actually missing the point. That makes his shows lack substance. He is, however, still the most interesting of the presenters.

Yes that happens more often than Nick Ferrari but Maajid does really tackle some quite difficult topics that people have strong views on. Mostly I agree with his take as its considered and fair if not perfect. He just wants people to blossom.

Comment

This week the 56-year-old compared Black Lives Matters protestors to the Taliban, for demolishing statues of slaves traders.
                Yeah, that'll get him kicked out
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

If only Rupert Murdoch would set up a radio station, then Nige would be all set.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Maybe they told him he'd have to sell his slaves.
                    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Working...
                    X