Cultural appropriation Cultural appropriation
Posts 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    Fingers like lightning

    mrdonuts is too good to be a permie

    mrdonuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    756

    Default Cultural appropriation

    is the black community now trying to lay claim to the term thug (nothing to do with africans) or is it just bad/biased reporting by the BBC, quite happy to peddle any old nonsense which fuels this current situation

    Thuggee - Wikipedia

    George Floyd protests: What do 'thug', 'white privilege' and 'ally' mean? - BBC News

  2. #2

    I live on CUK

    Old Greg is always on top

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    27,167

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrdonuts View Post
    is the black community now trying to lay claim to the term thug (nothing to do with africans) or is it just bad/biased reporting by the BBC, quite happy to peddle any old nonsense which fuels this current situation

    Thuggee - Wikipedia

    George Floyd protests: What do 'thug', 'white privilege' and 'ally' mean? - BBC News
    It's upsetting all the right people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

  3. #3

    Double Godlike!

    LondonManc is a fount of knowledge


    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Work-life balance nirvana
    Posts
    12,057

    Default

    If in doubt, play the BLM/slave card. Win-win.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

  4. #4

    My post count is Majestic

    vetran has reached the peak. Play again?

    vetran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Come Friendly Bombs
    Posts
    35,504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    It's upsetting all the right people.

    You get corn rows its Cultural appropriation.

    Some celeb tries to help kids the governments in Africa tulip on they are white saviours. Sorry Stacey Dooley is pretty genuine IMHO.

    You get named after a brutal cult that killed people and its Black oppression not social comment because so many young black kids die by knife.

    what can you do?

    Well to be fair to Stormzy you can throw a few million at it (Respect if it is well done) and the crowd love him.

    Poor old Gates foundation who are being shunned, yet they have made a massive change.
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

    I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

  5. #5

    Fingers like lightning

    mrdonuts is too good to be a permie

    mrdonuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    756

    Default Splitters

    Racial justice activists urge supporters to protest peacefully | Express & Star

    black lives matter v justice for black lives has there been a falling out?

  6. #6

    Double Godlike!

    LondonManc is a fount of knowledge


    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Work-life balance nirvana
    Posts
    12,057

    Default

    You've got to look behind the scenes in America. Who benefits from these riots?
    Easy one - the media, mainly the leftist media and the democrats. Fox will just get pelters for saying anything vaguely anti-liberal at the moment.
    The leftist media is controlled by Ted Turner - the left are losing black voters to Donald Trump because The Donald is actually putting policies in place to improve equality rather than just claim he would, as per the shade that the orange one threw at Obama for failing to do so.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

  7. #7

    More fingers than teeth

    darmstadt is a fount of knowledge

    darmstadt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    The Eurozone
    Posts
    18,938

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LondonManc View Post
    You've got to look behind the scenes in America. Who benefits from these riots?
    Easy one - the media, mainly the leftist media and the democrats. Fox will just get pelters for saying anything vaguely anti-liberal at the moment.
    The leftist media is controlled by Ted Turner - the left are losing black voters to Donald Trump because The Donald is actually putting policies in place to improve equality rather than just claim he would, as per the shade that the orange one threw at Obama for failing to do so.
    This must be a sarcastic post but if not, could you quantify it?
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

  8. #8

    Fingers like lightning

    mrdonuts is too good to be a permie

    mrdonuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    756

  9. #9

    Double Godlike!

    oracleslave 's job has never been outsourced

    oracleslave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    10,082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darmstadt View Post
    This must be a sarcastic post but if not, could you quantify it?
    Sarcasm or not - it's the funniest load of tripe posted so far today
    Last edited by oracleslave; 12th June 2020 at 08:21. Reason: speling

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •