• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thank Deity he wasn't black!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank Deity he wasn't black!

Boy, eight, gets a criminal record after trying to pay with a toy banknote at Swiss shop | Daily Mail Online

Boy, eight, gets a criminal record and has police mugshot taken after trying to pay with a toy banknote at Swiss shop

• The fake bank note was Chinese joss paper 'spirit money', local reports said
    • The unnamed boy, from village of Dietgen, was not charged with any offence
    • Even though the note was identified as pretend money, shop staff called police

An eight-year-old boy has been given a criminal record and had a police mugshot taken after he tried to pay with a toy banknote at a Swiss village shop.
    Newspapers suggested the shop and the police were overzealous in the case where the boy's name will be on police records until May 2032.
    The unnamed boy, from Dietgen in northern Switzerland, was not charged with any offence.

Swiss lives matter
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Crikey. I remember taking monopoly money to the shop when I was a kid.

Comment

I bought a hotel with Monopoly money.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        I bought a hotel with Monopoly money.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          Crikey. I remember taking monopoly money to the shop when I was a kid.
          I'm guessing they gave you a small iron and told you to go home and make yourself useful...
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

He wasn't given a criminal record. At least not in the sense of the implications of having a criminal record in the UK. He might have been black, we don't know. Plenty of foreigners live in that village.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              He wasn't given a criminal record. At least not in the sense of the implications of having a criminal record in the UK. He might have been black, we don't know. Plenty of foreigners live in that village.
              It's in the Daily Mail so it must be entirely true

Comment

Working...
              X