• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What took them so long?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    I think the Major, referred to Indians and Jamaicans in terms that are offensive. I wonder if this is the reason why it was removed.
    It is; nothing to do with Basil's manic ramblings about the war, apparently.

Comment

Not going to be much comedy or music left soon.

Need to search out old footage of Steve Hughes talking about political correctness.

If we are removing old comedy then why not racist rap music also!!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Naked Attraction should be banned
        Live it alone. it has some nice content. i like the story line
        Last edited by Andy2; 12 June 2020, 15:02.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
          Yes exactly, the joke was on us really as not getting over the war. Though, probably outdated now.

I think the Major, referred to Indians and Jamaicans in terms that are offensive. I wonder if this is the reason why it was removed.

I don't agree with it, I think we should be able to watch these things in context of the times. The same way many programmes from the 70s we find sexists now, almost in a funny way.

God knows what future generations will make of Love Island.
          Feck, I'm finding myself agreeing with you!
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.

George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.

George Orwell, 1984
              You know the manual!

Comment

It’s returned

Comment

Working...
                X