• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK economy shrinks by record 20.4% in April lockdown

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    It doesn't look good for Boris

So Labour have risen 8% from January and the Conservatives have fallen 4% since January and you believe its a failure of the Conservatives? oh well. Nothing to do with dumping a hopeless leader for someone vaguely electable then? The lib dems, SNP & greens have donated the other 4%.

Boris has made a hash of Covid yet has only dropped 4%? Short of propositioning the queen in public how much more could he do to muck up support?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

If it wasn’t for furlough Cons would be at zero - furlough will taper off very soon and taxes will be brought in to pay for it, plus second wave coming

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        If it wasn’t for furlough Cons would be at zero - furlough will taper off very soon and taxes will be brought in to pay for it, plus second wave coming

Cons will never go to zero - just read the fan club posts on here. There is nothing they can do wrong, nothing they could do better and you're not allowed to question them.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Cons will never go to zero - just read the fan club posts on here. There is nothing they can do wrong, nothing they could do better and you're not allowed to question them.
          True, but with Starmer Labour will get landslide - it’s just matter of time, plus there is that Brexit thingy in 6 months

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            I question their competence, leadership and policies. I see incompetence, weakness, confusion, distraction, hidden agendas, and cretinism everywhere.

Oh and 40,000 dead people who died needlessly due to the above.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              I question their competence, leadership and policies. I see incompetence, weakness, confusion, distraction, hidden agendas, and cretinism everywhere.

Unfortunately I don't think either side are competent.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

You’d still vote for them tho, sheep

Comment

Labour with their borderline communist proposals wouldn't be as bad as the Tories and their frankenstein IR35. At least Labour wouldn't have created no rights employment.

Comment

Originally posted by elsergiovolador View Post
                    Labour with their borderline communist proposals wouldn't be as bad as the Tories and their frankenstein IR35. At least Labour wouldn't have created no rights employment.

nah of course they wouldn't

The IR35 rules became law via the Finance Act 2000 and have remained on the statute book ever since.

so remind me who was in power in 2000?
                    Last edited by Contractor UK; 13 June 2020, 21:02.

Comment

IR35 introduced by Labour doesn't remove employment rights. It is still a piece of horrific legislation, but the changes added by Tories take it to another level when it comes to damage.

Comment

Working...
                      X