• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK economy shrinks by record 20.4% in April lockdown

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Excursion UK View Post
    Depressing...same old lab-con, con-lab cycle.

These people are not your friends!
    This. Bitch about the other side all you like, the one you're on is just as bad.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      You’d still vote for them tho, sheep
      I won't be voting LibLabCon

I might vote Green

Comment

Originally posted by elsergiovolador View Post
        IR35 introduced by Labour doesn't remove employment rights. It is still a piece of horrific legislation, but the changes added by Tories take it to another level when it comes to damage.

It did, the conservatives put the risk back on the customers as requested years ago they have reacted accordingly. Now you have to convince customers that you want to be treated as a contractor but they won't give it free. You have a choice again.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          It did, the conservatives put the risk back on the customers as requested years ago they have reacted accordingly. Now you have to convince customers that you want to be treated as a contractor but they won't give it free. You have a choice again.
          The choice now is going permie or go hungry. And this is from Tory govt that promised to fight the injustice of the punitive Labour tax on the freelance, knowledge based economy.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            The choice now is going permie or go hungry. And this is from Tory govt that promised to fight the injustice of the punitive Labour tax on the freelance, knowledge based economy.

no there are now 4 actual choices.

1. Permie
            2. Fixed term contract
            3. Inside IR35 bum on seat. Decided by client.
            4. Outside IR35. negotiated with client.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              no there are now 4 actual choices.

1. Permie
              2. Fixed term contract
              3. Inside IR35 bum on seat. Decided by client.
              4. Outside IR35. negotiated with client.
              5. Do the psychocandy

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                Wot? Disease spreading handshaking buffoon with his rule breaking populist sidekick are somehow devoid of responsibility as the economy goes to hell in a handbasket? Yeah, it was Labour wot did it. Fecken eg'it.

Vote for a clown, get a circus. A 5 year long circus.
                My point is that an earlier lock down would have damaged the economy even more. You can't have it both ways.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

An earlier lock down would have meant a shorter one with less damage to the economy.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    My point is that an earlier lock down would have damaged the economy even more. You can't have it both ways.

Can't believe you people are allowed to vote.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                      Er, what?

The sooner country's initiated lockdown, the sooner they came out of lockdown, even quicker. If England had waited another fortnight, it has been stated that lockdown would've been two and a half times as long as it was, as the number of infections and spreadability would have been far higher.

The less infections, the lesser length of each lockdown. Ours continues because they messed about for at least a fortnight.

Comment

Working...
                      X