• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK economy shrinks by record 20.4% in April lockdown

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK economy shrinks by record 20.4% in April lockdown

Full report here from Reuters:

UK economy shrinks by record 20.4% in April lockdown - Reuters

Bound to be highlighted by the lefty Tory bashers who love to point out that BJ didn't introduce lock down soon enough or is relaxing it too soon.

Easy to have the best of both worlds and do everything perfectly when you're in opposition.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Brexit innit?

Comment

I'm doing my bit by buying everything in sight.

Comment

It doesn't look good for Boris

Last edited by BlasterBates; 12 June 2020, 09:05.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

Folk think Starmer is their saviour. They are in for such a let down.

I see the minor parties are still wallowing in irrelevance.

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
            http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              Bound to be highlighted by the lefty Tory bashers who love to point out that BJ didn't introduce lock down soon enough or is relaxing it too soon..
              Wot? Disease spreading handshaking buffoon with his rule breaking populist sidekick are somehow devoid of responsibility as the economy goes to hell in a handbasket? Yeah, it was Labour wot did it. Fecken eg'it.

Vote for a clown, get a circus. A 5 year long circus.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Graph is drawing a big cock it seems to me

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                  Bound to be highlighted by the lefty Tory bashers who love to point out that BJ didn't introduce lock down soon enough or is relaxing it too soon.

Easy to have the best of both worlds and do everything perfectly when you're in opposition.
                  The fact that it only dropped by 20% shows that “lockdown” was BS even in April - end result is rates of infection a lot higher than France/Italy/Spain - if we don’t have it suppressed to very small numbers by September than we’ll have a mother of all second waves - and it ain’t oppositions fault, it’s Borises specifically - an incompetent demagogue, morbidly obese piece of tulip - and that in good days

Comment

Depressing...same old lab-con, con-lab cycle.

These people are not your friends!

Comment

Working...
                    X