• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Things aren't always as they seem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things aren't always as they seem

Trigger warning - may upset racists and anti-religionists.

...today I discovered the truth: that white man in the photo is, perhaps, the third hero of that night in 1968. His name was Peter Norman, ....

The White Man in That Photo
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Bit upset that you included anti-religionists along with racists. Almost like you are suggesting they are the same. I'm sure you are not and it was just a bit lazy.

Comment

Wow, superb read.

Comment

Thanks interesting. Strange you had to introduce a truly revolutionary moment by 3 brave men with an implied insult, it seems you don't understand why they did it, proper human love.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Thanks for that. I too always assumed he was 'just some guy' who happened to be in the photo.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            Thanks interesting. Strange you had to introduce a truly revolutionary moment by 3 brave men with an implied insult, it seems you don't understand why they did it, proper human love.
            That's the identity politics the left thrive off of for you. However a great read.
            Last edited by BlueSharp; 12 June 2020, 17:40.
            Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
              Bit upset that you included anti-religionists along with racists. Almost like you are suggesting they are the same. I'm sure you are not and it was just a bit lazy.
              I'm upset that you're upset.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                I'm upset that you're upset.

not upset, saddened.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I had read this story a few years ago and it was indeed very interesting, and what a decent chap treated very badly.

Can't understand why you think those of us who are not religious would be triggered though. What has religion got to do with this?
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                    Yeah. It was lazy. Lazy thinking on your part.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X