• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

White patriots

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It has to be said that the centre right has more grasp of reality. We don't need far right policies based on race, a more united world is a good aim, but we need to work with human nature, not ignore it.

If we had had tighter immigration rules, ensuring that all migrants were high achievers who accepted our laws and core values, people we could all respect, we would not have the racism we have today. Far right wing spikes tend to happen as a reaction to problems caused by a few, terrorist attacks for example. Sure, no group should be blamed for what a small minority get up to, but that's the way human nature works unfortunately. Much better to have proper controls that make sure, as far as possible, that we don't get such problems.

The biggest problems we have are not so much about race but inequality and a socially immobile society. If you are the son of a low skilled worker your chances of being a high achiever are pretty low whatever your ethnicity. Unfortunately, some on both sides turn everything into a racial issue, better to stop talking about racism and try and help those at the bottom of society, regardless of origin, to climb the ladder.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Inequality is a constant.

We need to accept it and move on.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        Inequality is a constant.

We need to accept it and move on.
        Don't think that's a very good idea. I'm not an economic lefty, important we continue to reward ability or we destroy incentive, but some differences are not just about ability but privilege. You're born to rich parents, go to a classy school, you are probably going to do better than someone else of a poorer background who may be equally talented. Mind you, what the best solution is, I have to admit, I dunno.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

"If there is not equality of outcomes among people born to the same parents and raised under the same roof, why should equality of outcomes be expected—or assumed—when conditions are not nearly so comparable?"

Comment

"If there is not equality of outcomes among people born to the same parents and raised under the same roof, why should equality of outcomes be expected—or assumed—when conditions are not nearly so comparable?"
            People don't want equality of outcomes they want equality of opportunity so sons (and daughters) of bus drivers are able to have the chance to become managing directors at banks, human rights solicitors, MPs, Chancellor of the Exchequer and/or a Mayor of a city if they have the intelligence and drive.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              People don't want equality of outcomes they want equality of opportunity so sons (and daughters) of bus drivers are able to have the chance to become managing directors at banks, human rights solicitors, MPs, Chancellor of the Exchequer and/or a Mayor of a city if they have the intelligence and drive.
              You need to start reading stuff the government produces...

Equality impact assessments for the 2011 Census - Office for National Statistics

Second sentence...

"Accurate, reliable data about the population is an essential part of the planning process to help ensure equality of outcomes for all communities"

Comment

Does equality of outcomes mean we all end up in the same job, same house, driving the same type of car, all earning the same income?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  Does equality of outcomes mean we all end up in the same job, same house, driving the same type of car, all earning the same income?
                  Yes.

Comment

Jane Moore was on the TV there, gibbering on about equality. David Bowie, Aladdin Sane on the wall.

Clearly not getting the whole lightning bolt fascist thing.

Comment

Yes.
                      Super, I will become kylie monologue

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Working...
                      X