• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fentanyl

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    And this affects the UK, how?

Prince had ‘exceedingly high’ level of fentanyl in body when he died | Prince | The Guardian

Comment

Tom Petty Died From Accidental Drug Overdose Involving Opioids, Coroner Says - The New York Times

Comment

There was a documentary by Louis Theroux on Fentanyl deaths in US. It was pretty grim. Its known as an elephant tranquilliser and mainly smuggled out of China, mixed with heroin and sold in streets. Consumers do not know the contamination. In one incident, a dealer breezed through a neighbourhood leaving behind scores of overdoses. Emergency workers always carry an antidote and saved multiple lives every day by just administering the injections.
        Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

One of the reasons I hate you is that you are too thick to dig deeper into anything; you're a simpleton.

Drug deaths can be from various causes and by different age groups and other demographic properties.

Scottish drug deaths are mainly in the 'hardcore super-user' long term drug addicts whose death was postponed due to major action fifteen years ago. The way in which a death was categorised as being from 'drug overdose' also changed, as many deaths up until 2014 were being classed as 'death by misadventure'.

To expand: if someone dies of alcoholism then, up until recently, their death was more often than not classified as 'death by misadventure'. It's fairer to say that liver failure may have killed them but their alcoholism was the true cause.

Back to illegal drugs: The stats now capture much more detail and so a larger group of deaths are now noted by NRS. Go check the age of the drug users dying the last few years and you'll see the majority are over the age of 45. In the 90's and 00's they were dropping like flies but now see more medical staff, needle exchange programmes and doctors, so they live longer.

Rather than just trust me, which you won't anyway, why don't you annotate the above and contact the National Records for Scotland using a Freedom of Information Request form to confirm the above for yourself? Who knows, you might even learn something in the process for once.

Comment

Originally posted by rogerfederer View Post
            One of the reasons I hate you is that you are too thick to dig deeper into anything; you're a simpleton.
            Pot.

Kettle.

Black.

Ignore list.

With shades of our dear friend SAS.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 16 June 2020, 09:44.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tom petty is a grade A tit. But prince has a more elevated and respected battuliptery.

"And yet we're sending people to the moon"

Nobody was 'sent to the moon' for a decade.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                Pot.

Kettle.

Black.

Ignore list.

I worked at NRS many years ago when the infrastructure strategy moved to the beginnings of Cloud. The team had to programmatically add more details to older records to incorporate further information on the cause of death, all causes of death. The reason NRS is producing better stats for covid19 now is because more advanced metrics were recognised as necessary a decade ago and action taken.

On the other hand: I am truly gutted some random internet idiot won't see a valid explanatory post of mine anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by rogerfederer View Post
                  I worked at NRS many years ago when the infrastructure strategy moved to the beginnings of Cloud. The team had to programmatically add more details to older records to incorporate further information on the cause of death, all causes of death. The reason NRS is producing better stats for covid19 now is because more advanced metrics were recognised as necessary a decade ago and action taken.

On the other hand: I am truly gutted some random internet idiot won't see a valid explanatory post of mine anymore.
                  You don't have a formal tertiary mathematical degree?

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X