• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Covid-19 defeated with £5 drug treatment

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Covid-19 defeated with £5 drug treatment

Coronavirus: 'Major breakthrough' as UK scientists find GBP5 steroid cuts COVID-19 deaths | UK News | Sky News

The drug, dexamethasone, reduced death rates by a third for patients on ventilators, and by a fifth for patients needing oxygen.
    Stock markets to the moon!

Actually I will wait for a certain someone to draw me a chart with lines and squiggles on.

Nice, but after new US-UK trade "deal" this drug will cost $499,999.99

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Nice, but after new US-UK trade "deal" this drug will cost $499,999.99
      Buy US stock market then

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Buy US stock market then
        It's on steroids already!

Comment

Actually I will wait for a certain someone to draw me a chart with lines and squiggles on.

Buy shares in "Normal Distribution PDF"...

…Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Does not count unless approved by Pooper

Comment

I would be careful putting money onto it.
              Could be part of the agenda to create a positive hype in the population to be able to get through some of the measures they are passionate about.
              Like reducing the 2m role to 1m. Getting more people back to work without them fighting back scared...

Comment

Only effective for those on oxygen, i.e. on respirators...
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  Only effective for those on oxygen, i.e. on respirators...
                  And ventilators - which is where very high mortality rate, so good stuff really, first good news on treatment that actually reduces mortality a lot

Comment

Coronavirus: 'Major breakthrough' as UK scientists find GBP5 steroid cuts COVID-19 deaths | UK News | Sky News

Stock markets to the moon!

Read the f****ing small print.

Martin Landray, an Oxford University professor who is co-leading the trial, said: "This is a result that shows that if patients who have COVID-19 and are on ventilators or are on oxygen are given dexamethasone, it will save lives, and it will do so at a remarkably low cost.
                    Other than that, steroids in any form have weakened the body's resistance to viruses.
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                    X