• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

COVID paranoia

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Excursion UK View Post
    Well SARS did didn't it?
    SARS 1/MERS did not “fizzle” out - they were successfully eliminated after very harsh efforts, but SaRS 2 escaped and even mass vaccination with 100% efficient vaccine won’t eliminate it for a long time, there won’t be any “fizzzling” out any time soon - not in the world with 50 quid air travel

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      SARS 1/MERS did not “fizzle” out - they were successfully eliminated after very harsh efforts, but SaRS 2 escaped and even mass vaccination with 100% efficient vaccine won’t eliminate it for a long time, there won’t be any “fizzzling” out any time soon - not in the world with 50 quid air travel
      Well, we shall see. Wish I could find the link to that piece of research from Oxford Uni that claimed that this did seem to be happening.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        How would you keep the working class entertained than? If you take away football and travel from them you've just stripped 75% of the population of their meaning in life.

Comment

Originally posted by Excursion UK View Post
          Well, we shall see. Wish I could find the link to that piece of research from Oxford Uni that claimed that this did seem to be happening.
          There is too much research that is not properly peer reviewed - these things take years and the virus is moving fast, one thing for sure - it won’t “fizzle” out for years, but vaccine could reduce severity a lot

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
            How would you keep the working class entertained than? If you take away football and travel from them you've just stripped 75% of the population of their meaning in life.
            Gladiators

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
              Keep football, sod air travel.

Plenty of places in the UK to explore. I'd just get a nice convertible and enjoy a road trip round the south west of England, south west Wales, Scotland, anywhere the pace of life is several mph slower than normal.

Open pubs, that'd boost morale.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                Sod football, keep air travel.

ftfy

Comment

Keep football, sod air travel.

Plenty of places in the UK to explore. I'd just get a nice convertible and enjoy a road trip round the south west of England, south west Wales, Scotland, anywhere the pace of life is several mph slower than normal.

In this climate?

Bring back the cheapo flights. Not only do I want to escape, my shares in EZJ and IAG are still in the red

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                    ftfy
                    I'm beginning to understand more why you were banned now.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I'm beginning to understand more why you were banned now.
                      so not liking 'kick it and run' is an offence?
                      i find spittle flecked football fans screaming at one way comms devices* offensive.

each to their own

*pub tv sets

Comment

Working...
                      X