• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

COVID paranoia

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thread reminds me of an episode of South Park I watched last night.

Except nobody's posted a picture of someone else's avatar with a dick in its mouth. Yet.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Excursion UK View Post
      Mocking.... You really are an arrogant prick. And a sad one too, grandstanding to your little coterie of keyboard warriors on an internet forum.
      They are all such clever meanies....

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        They are all such clever meanies....
        Whereas EUK has given more than enough clues for us to dare to speculate about his IQ.

Comment

THE MEANIES ARE COMING!

Comment

I recently set up a small travel company which I was hoping to grow into something that would become my day job so I could taper down my IT contracting work.

I don't need to tell you how well that's going at the moment.
            Go on, please tell us. Based on the kind of person your posts here call you out to be, I think I'd quite enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
              Go on, tell us. Based on the kind of person your posts here call you out to be, I think I'd quite enjoy it.
              Don't you dare speculate as to what sort of person EUK is!

Comment

Go on, please tell us. Based on the kind of person your posts here call you out to be, I think I'd quite enjoy it.
                Pretty much as my user name says- I arrange UK based road/rail/sea excursions. Almost exclusively local mystery tours so far - get on a bus an visit several points of interest stopping at various retail outlets where the passengers will hopefully part with some of their hard earned thus justifying the payments I receive from these outlets. Have chartered a couple of river cruises too - one up the Thames and a couple on the Bristol Channel.

Unfortunately, the demographic to which my offerings appeal is the group of people least likely to want to get on a coach once restrictions have been lifted. Also I'd just purchased an old Leyland Tiger bus to complete the whole down memory lane experience & that means I now have £15k sitting idle on a garage forecourt. Maybe I should trade it in for an old charabanc? That fresh air will blow the germs away

So, feel free to laugh away at my predicament. Next mystery tour is probably going to be a one way trip to Beachy Head.

Comment

I wish all pandemic-deniers were this transparent

I recently set up a small travel company which I was hoping to grow into something that would become my day job so I could taper down my IT contracting work.

I don't need to tell you how well that's going at the moment.

Comment

Use yer bus to drive bus loads of chalk for MF - mystery payment date every time

Comment

With fuel being a lot cheaper and wages driven down, coach trips to Southport are booming.
                      Unfortunately his fleet of planes aren't fairing anywhere near as well.
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X