• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

COVID paranoia

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COVID paranoia

Anyone else think that COVID paranoia is worse than the whole thing has become?

We've got cancer referrals being missed, the countrys economy falling to pieces, people losing their jobs (dont tell me that won't affect suicide rates) but we seem entirely focused on ensuring there are ZERO deaths from Covid.
    Its a trendy death at the moment. Die from cancer no one cares its got to be COVID.

And dont get me started on schools. We're screwing the kids up. I heard there is 3X more chance of a kid getting struck by lightening than dying of Covid. Yet people are believing the media.

Im not saying we dont need to protect the vulnerable but how much longer does this have to go on?

Still got the 5 mile rule in wales. Jeez. You've elderly parent who you haven't seen for 3 months lives 10 miles away. The R rate in England is 0.8, in wales its 0.7 yet the rules are different. Do you really think people are obeying this rule?

"Border run" to Bristol this weekend. Once I get over the water I'm safe. A LOT of people are doing this at the moment which is crazy indeed. (Need some kegs from Primark!)

On the plus side, it looks like my client is going to lock down office attendance even more. You've not got to give notice on the thursday before to attend site the following week with no exceptions. I don't think they quite understand the concept of having someone on call 24/7.

Latest is WFH until Jan 2021 earliest.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Cough, cough, sneeze...

Sent from my 5g carrier pigeon
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

You'd rather be in a busy office and in a 50 min queue in Primark ?

Comment

It ain't paranoia.

HTH

Comment

Covid paranoia beats death from Covid

Comment

Getting close now to 1/2 million people dead from Covid-19 globally.

So no, it's not worse that being one of those dead people.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              Getting close now to 1/2 million people dead from Covid-19 globally.

So no, it's not worse that being one of those dead people.
              Wonder how many extra die from:-

1. Cancer
              2. Suicide
              3. Anything else

because we went too far with the paranoia

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                Covid paranoia beats death from Covid
                Being scared of crossing the road is not as bad as being hit by a bus but I have no plans to stay on one side of the road for the rest of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                  1. Cancer
                  2. Suicide
                  3. Anything else
                  Do you understand the meaning of word "contagious"?

40k dead in the UK with 5% estimated having had the virus - so 800k (!) on the cards if it's allowed to go unchecked, and immunity from the virus might not last long too, so could be potentially 800k every year.... and it gets "better" - many of those who don't die have serious lung injuries (probably meaning certain death if they get virus again in a year).
                  Last edited by AtW; 17 June 2020, 00:28.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                    Being scared of crossing the road is not as bad as being hit by a bus but I have no plans to stay on one side of the road for the rest of my life.
                    You don't really understand risk, do you?

Comment

Working...
                    X