• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tulip news

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tulip news

“ Flushing the toilet with the lid up creates a cloud of spray that can be breathed in and may spread infection, such as coronavirus, say researchers.
    Chinese scientists calculate that flushing can propel a plume of spray up and out of the toilet bowl, reaching head height and beyond.

Droplets can travel up to 3ft - or 91cm - from ground level, according to the computer model used by the scientists from Yangzhou University.”

Flushing 'can propel viral infection 3ft into air' - BBC News

That's not new news at all.

But if it's going to encourage men to start putting the lid down, I'm all for it.

Comment

Next thing you know, they'll be telling us that there is a risk of infection if we fart. Maybe we should wear underpants masks.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

But if it's going to encourage men to start putting the lid down, I'm all for it.
        But we forget when we get up at night and pee on the lid.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          That's not new news at all.

Or not flushing at all. Don't underestimate creative minds.

Save water at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            But we forget when we get up at night and pee on the lid.
            I've done that - sat on the lid and had a widdle.

I was very, very drunk at the time.

Comment

we have a three part seat on the downstairs loo so the kids don't have to hang precariously in an adult seat they just flip the kids seat down. Problem is its a bit too thick and when you put the whole seat up it doesn't always stay up.

There you are with Percy in full stream and the seat starts falling towards you.

After a few pints the calm way you push it back up so you avoid wetting the seat tends to leave you and you are frantically tying to stop the streams crossing!
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Sharts or it didn't happen
                "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Working...
                X