• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cushioning

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cushioning

“Kelly isn’t the only person guilty of committing the latest millennial dating sin: ‘cushioning”

Tracey Cox reveals why the trend of having Friends-style 'back-up people' isn't as bad as it sounds | Daily Mail Online

Or monkeying as it used to be called when I were a yoof - as in, how a monkey keeps hold of a branch while swinging towards the next one and doesn't let go until they've got a good grip.

Comment

Where is NickFitz when you need him?

Cushioning?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        “Kelly isn’t the only person guilty of committing the latest millennial dating sin: ‘cushioning”

Tracey Cox reveals why the trend of having Friends-style 'back-up people' isn't as bad as it sounds | Daily Mail Online
        Why are you reading the 'femail' section of the DM?
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
          It was linked from the homepage...

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
            Equality says he can
            Growing old is mandatory
            Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Or monkeying as it used to be called when I were a yoof - as in, how a monkey keeps hold of a branch while swinging towards the next one and doesn't let go until they've got a good grip.
              Tends to get frowned upon when men do it though.
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                Tends to get frowned upon when men do it though.

You mean you don't like a "good grip"??
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  You mean you don't like a "good grip"??
                  No, I mean women don't like the idea of the chap having 'other options' but judging by an article in the Daily Cocksniffle, it's fine for women to do the same. I guess the trick is (as it always was) not to get caught...
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                    No, I mean women don't like the idea of the chap having 'other options' but judging by an article in the Daily Cocksniffle, it's fine for women to do the same. I guess the trick is (as it always was) not to get caught...
                    I think it depends on the personalities involved. Both sexes do it as far as I've observed.

Usually those that do are the ones who are either scared of commitment (I don't mean lifelong monogamy, marriage, 2.4 children etc but rather as in the article the hedging of bets), or scared of being alone.

Comment

Working...
                    X