• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How very unchristian of the C of E

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Jesus wasn't BAME where He was from. Or would you say that for instance Nigeria is mostly populated by minorities? How white-centric your world view is.

And?
    Well as the area he was in was controlled by the Romans and previously the Egyptians, Persians, Alexander the great etc. it does rather put him in the oppressed minority position, the Romans most certainly didn't consider him to be one of them. The feeling was probably mutual.

Though they occasionally conferred citizenship on the locals it was mainly for political purposes.

Remember not all oppressors are called Nigel!

The colour of a Roman’s skin - Mary Beard: A Don’s life - TLS

Well actually Nigeria is like a lot of Africa and the middle east it is made up of either tribal or religious groups. Maybe they see themselves as separate and distinct? They have distinct languages and customs that define them. I have seen Africans shun each other because of their different tribes and the same with Indians who also have a caste system they use to discriminate.

List of ethnic groups in Nigeria - Wikipedia
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      Now two boys have been found rubbing linseed oil into the school cormorant. Now some of you may feel that the cormorant does not play an important part in the life of the school, but I would remind you that it was presented to us by the corporation of the Town of Sudbury to commemorate Empire Day, when we try to remember the names of all those from the Sudbury area who so gallantly gave their lives to keep China British. So from now on, the cormorant is strictly OUT OF BOUNDS. Oh and Jenkins? Apparently your mother died this morning.
      Cleese has spent decades doing "I can annoy Christians and if they comment then I'm right".

He's an entitled prick.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        Well as the area he was in was controlled by the Romans and previously the Egyptians, Persians, Alexander the great etc. it does rather put him in the oppressed minority position, the Romans most certainly didn't consider him to be one of them. The feeling was probably mutual.
        Right but the Romans were - I thought - an (occupying) minority themselves?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Right but the Romans were - I thought - an (occupying) minority themselves?

You been to Hackney or Croydon recently?

As far as most of the world goes so was the British Empire, we were definitely the oppressors.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
            How dare you! Jesus was blond and spoke English.
            No he was Korean...

Or was he black...
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Jesus was a black man
              No, Jesus was Batman
              No, no, no, no, not at all
              That was Bruce Wayne
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
                Ahhh yes, the religion that worships a BAME individual who was persecuted and murdered by the law makers.
                I'm pretty sure Robert Powell isn't from the BAME community
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                  I'm pretty sure Robert Powell isn't from the BAME community
                  or max von sydow

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Though they occasionally conferred citizenship on the locals it was mainly for political purposes.

Remember not all oppressors are called Nigel!

The colour of a Roman’s skin - Mary Beard: A Don’s life - TLS

Well actually Nigeria is like a lot of Africa and the middle east it is made up of either tribal or religious groups. Maybe they see themselves as separate and distinct? They have distinct languages and customs that define them. I have seen Africans shun each other because of their different tribes and the same with Indians who also have a caste system they use to discriminate.
                    That's like saying ... "I've seen Europeans shun each other ..." I know you know this, but don't fall into the ignorance of referring to Africa as a country - that is a very white xenophobic statement. Africa as a land mass is humongous, and yet so many people refer to Africans as one nation.
                    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                      That's like saying ... "I've seen Europeans shun each other ..." I know you know this, but don't fall into the ignorance of referring to Africa as a country - that is a very white xenophobic statement. Africa as a land mass is humongous, and yet so many people refer to Africans as one nation.

So you agree Nigeria is a large country with a mix of tribal groups that aren't homogeneous.

The African continent is a group of countries / nations that don't necessarily talk happily to each other.

List of regions of Africa - Wikipedia

Its hardly Xenophobic just a statement of fact proven by history. Europe or England hardly has a better record in this case.

I have indeed seen Europeans shun each other - just try going for a beer in Belfast or parts of Eastern or mainland Europe. Surprisingly people of different ethnic origins don't always agree.

Comment

Working...
                      X