• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How very unchristian of the C of E

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How very unchristian of the C of E

Black Durham trainee vicar denied job at 'white' church - BBC News

TL/DR: black trainee vicar told he might not fit in at a church in the south of England in a generally white, working-class community. How very all-embracing.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Black Durham trainee vicar denied job at 'white' church - BBC News

TL/DR: black trainee vicar told he might not fit in at a church in the south of England in a generally white, working-class community. How very all-embracing.
    Its ok they allow a corrupt business woman to continue preaching as a priest in Bedfordshire after she was found to have been illegally and wrongly having her staff prosecuted for theft ad false accounting.
    Ergo, the C o E can do what it wants and screw the rest of us.
    Former IPSE member
    My Website

Comment

ah religion by the small minded for the small minded.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post
        Its ok they allow a corrupt business woman to continue preaching as a priest in Bedfordshire after she was found to have been illegally and wrongly having her staff prosecuted for theft ad false accounting.
        Ergo, the C o E can do what it wants and screw the rest of us.
        How are they screwing you?

Comment

I see this poor old cow has lost her job. Probably some white privileged prick at HQ.

Aunt Jemima to change name and logo due to racial stereotyping | US news | The Guardian

Comment

"As an African-American man from Chicago, with parents and grandparents who lived during the civil rights movement, I was under the understanding that my race has nothing to do with my ability to minister," he said.

"Galatians 3:28. Neither Jew nor Greek, Slave nor Free, Male and Female"

Comment

If you are a Christian never hide your choice to be Christian.

Comment

Aunt Jemima to change name and logo due to racial stereotyping
                And Uncle Ben's rice. What is the point of this when hardly anyone who brought these products were aware of any stereotyping? Who thinks about race when they're shopping?

Brands Pretend They Just Learned Aunt Jemima and Uncle Ben's Are Racist - VICE
                Last edited by xoggoth; 17 June 2020, 20:10.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Michelin man to be neutral green...

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                    "As an African-American man from Chicago, with parents and grandparents who lived during the civil rights movement, I was under the understanding that my race has nothing to do with my ability to minister," he said.

"Galatians 3:28. Neither Jew nor Greek, Slave nor Free, Male and Female"
                    The full NIV version is: "There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus."

Putting the full quote up shows them up even further.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                    X