• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Doom-monger advisers led by grim private polls

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doom-monger advisers led by grim private polls

The REAL reason Boris Johnson is so fearful of ditching two-metre rule: Doom-monger advisers led by grim private polls, and the terror of being blamed for a new spike are paralysing the PM

The numbers were sobering. ‘It would be fair to say that the polls suggested there had been a sharp decline in public support,’ says one figure. But after three months of lockdown, the spectre of mass unemployment and more than 40,000 Covid-related deaths, this was hardly surprising.

RICHARD KAY and ANDREW PIERCE: The REAL reason Boris Johnson is fearful of ditching two-metre rule | Daily Mail Online

I can't see the public blaming Boris for a massive spike in Covid mortality. The public are far too sensible for that kind of knee-jerk reaction.
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

No, they'll blame Dominic Cummings, then they'll blame BJ for not firing Dominic Cummings...
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
        I can't see the public blaming Boris for a massive spike in Covid mortality. The public are far too stupid for that kind of sensible reaction.

FTFY

UK went into lockdown too late, allowing Cheltenham and other big events to go ahead. And the PM was personally promoting hand shaking in hospitals with people in hospitals, some of whom were likely Covid 19 positive.

UK also started contact tracing far too late.

These are both the government's fault and the PM is accountable for these policy errors.

That's not to say that everything the government has done is wrong: increasing NHS capacity worked well; IMO the criticisms of the UK government on PPE and nursing homes are overstated.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
          No, they'll blame Dominic Cummings, then they'll blame BJ for not firing Dominic Cummings...
          One thing is for certain, no-one has the balls to blame the "BLM" and ensuing "Save our Statues" protests.
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

One thing is for certain, no-one has the balls to blame the "BLM" and ensuing "Save our Statues" protests.
            They can't be blamed for the deaths before the protests started (obviously), so they shouldn't be used to try to deflect from the government mid-handling of the pandemic.

They should be criticised IMO, however, for breaking social distancing and lockdown rules, and indeed there is criticism and debate. So clearly some people do have "the balls". And why not? If they're scared of being called racist, they should stop being such snowflakes.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              They can't be blamed for the deaths before the protests started (obviously), so they shouldn't be used to try to deflect from the government mid-handling of the pandemic.

They should be criticised IMO, however, for breaking social distancing and lockdown rules, and indeed there is criticism and debate. So clearly some people do have "the balls". And why not? If they're scared of being called racist, they should stop being such snowflakes.
              I mean, I dunno, you've been on this forum for 13 years posting gibberish conspiracy stuff about the conservatives.

Comment

I can't see the public blaming Boris for a massive spike in Covid mortality. The public are far too sensible for that kind of knee-jerk reaction.
                They won’t be able to blame Boris because they will be dead?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  They won’t be able to blame Boris because they will be dead?
                  Even then, they'd support him for his quirky eccentricities.

Comment

Working...
                  X