• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Vax VRS5W Carpet Cleaner - Does anyone's house staff use one of these?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mjcp View Post
    Not sure a shop vac or the right tool for that job, they have limited capacity and don't always neutralise the tiny particles. Google: cyclone dust extractors diy. They often start with a shop vac.

(skip to ~8 mins in~) YouTube

M
    The George is an extraction vacuum if that meets your criterion.

Comment

Dyson is a pile of poo. I think the pick up is rubbish.

I have a Miele, which has always been reliable. I'm actually on my second as I gave away my first to a friend as it meant I could justify buying myself a new one! Lasted a good ten years so far

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Dyson is a pile of poo. I think the pick up is rubbish.

I have a Miele, which has always been reliable. I'm actually on my second as I gave away my first to a friend as it meant I could justify buying myself a new one! Lasted a good ten years so far
        Yup, another Miele vote here... it even manages to stay in one piece when the Polish mafia through it down the stairs on a weekly basis.

M

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          You never see a builder with a Dyson.
          2 reasons:
          1. They are overpriced
          2. The money went on marketing design.

Buy British - Henry is designed and made in Chard, Somerset - not far from you.
          The bag is easy to replace.
          You can run them bagless if you want. (not recommended, but it works)
          You'll get 3 Henry for the price of one Dyson. Except one Henry will probably last you 3x as long as a Dyson.
          Very good, thanks.

I'm nowhere near Chard, I'm in Kent :

Comment

Originally posted by Excursion UK View Post
            Very good, thanks.

I'm nowhere near Chard, I'm in Kent :

You're closer to Chard than the Malaysian child labour sweatshop where another company get their product produced.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

How did the latest run out from the Gricer stables get so many useful comments than mine?
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                How did the latest run out from the Gricer stables get so many useful comments than mine?
                We hate you even more.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                  We hate you even more.

I don't think that word is appropriate.

"Detest but tolerate" is probably closer.

…Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by mjcp View Post
                    Yup, another Miele vote here... it even manages to stay in one piece when the Polish mafia through it down the stairs on a weekly basis.

M
                    Third vote for Miele when it comes to vaccuming

For carpet washing, the bissell has proven to be a thorough champ for years for me!

Comment

Henry FTW. Or George, who appears to be superior to Henry...

The full range
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X