• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Two million homeowners still unable to pay off their mortgage

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    How would that work with their credit rating being affected?
    People can enforce a 'Voluntary Termination' and hand back the car, often with quite a low payment. There's a note on their credit file but it doesn't affect the credit score.

As for getting another car: there would be so many of these cars on the market that I suspect the manufacturers may actually take the car back and crush it, in order to try keep the merrygoround going.

Given that we're all moving to electric cars soon any way there's probably a bit of a reality gap in the manufacturers' minds emerging.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Only once, one carefree summer, with a squirrel named Sandy.
      Lucy, Shirley?
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        I wonder how much fraud is going on with this one. Always some *** who take advantage at every opportunity.
        I suspect the main fraud will involve furlough and workers continuing to work. HMRC are going to have a field day.
        Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
          I suspect the main fraud will involve furlough and workers continuing to work. HMRC are going to have a field day.

Who do you think they will go after first? We can but hope!

Sports Direct managers accuse firm of making them work on furlough | Business | The Guardian

Legal experts say if people are being asked to do work that creates any revenue for the company, it would breach the furlough scheme. Photograph: Jacob King/PAMike Ashley’s Sports Direct and House of Fraser chains have asked store managers to work at least once a week while under the government’s furlough scheme.
          Ashley’s managers had also been asked to return to work – on reduced pay – on Monday, but the company did a U-turn on Sunday after the Guardian published details of the plan.

Seemed the paper to quote given their expertise on slavery!

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by rogerfederer View Post
            People can enforce a 'Voluntary Termination' and hand back the car, often with quite a low payment. There's a note on their credit file but it doesn't affect the credit score.

As for getting another car: there would be so many of these cars on the market that I suspect the manufacturers may actually take the car back and crush it, in order to try keep the merrygoround going.

Given that we're all moving to electric cars soon any way there's probably a bit of a reality gap in the manufacturers' minds emerging.
            Usage of mortgage “holidays” can affect credit rating - so no new car

Comment

Yes mortgage holidays will affect credit rating despite campaigns for the opposite.
              Former IPSE member
              My Website

Comment

Unless of course you buy the car on tick (credit) before applying for the mortgage holiday

Doesn't seem irrational to postpone debt repayments if you reckon an inflation tsunami may well be on the way!
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                  Unless of course you buy the car on tick (credit) before applying for the mortgage holiday

Doesn't seem irrational to postpone debt repayments if you reckon an inflation tsunami may well be on the way!
                  Not many sensible people are expecting an inflation tsunami.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    Only once, one carefree summer, with a squirrel named Sandy.
                    Bizarre fact: squirrels die after they have sex. Well, poor Sandy did.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                      Bizarre fact: squirrels die after they have sex. Well, poor Sandy did.

I thought AtW told me she left. Well he said she had split!
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X