• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Katie Hopkins permanently suspended from Twitter

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#prayforkatie

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      I don't either but considering pretty much everything she says is vile, irrespective of the platform, it was only a matter of time.
      I agree she makes money out of offending people and saying controversial things. Just not a fan of speech being banned even if i find it personally offensive.

So was interested in what she said that got her banned. Im not trying to justify her views in anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
        I don't follow Katie Hopkins, what tweets did she tweet that got her banned or suspended?
        Not sure which exact tweet but the latest controversy about her tweet was this one
        Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

I agree she makes money out of offending people and saying controversial things. Just not a fan of speech being banned even if i find it personally offensive.

So was interested in what she said that got her banned. Im not trying to justify her views in anyway.
          This is exactly what I thought as well and I'd be interested to see as well. If its blatently illegal then fair enough but if its within the bounds of the law it should really be allowed however many people it triggers surely? She's had a million followers so it's not like it's so extreme she's the only one thinking it.

I'd like to see what it was as well.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I agree with not shutting down people's right to an opinion, absolutely. I failed to elaborate properly. My "only a matter of time" comment was because she's pushed the boundaries of what's acceptable many times and I felt it was only a matter of time before she went that bit too far.

Like you, and others, I'd be interested to know if it was a specific tweet or a proverbial straw on the camel's back. But I don't want to find out by any means that benefits her!

Comment

I imagine it wasn't just one tweet that did it. I'm all for free speech too & I actually used to follow her on Twitter a few years ago but some of the stuff she was saying was a bit much imo. Unfortunately in her case, saying what she thinks has cost her her job, her home, her reputation (if she ever had one) & now her social media voice.
              If you don't have anything nice to say, say it sarcastically

Comment

the Star allegedly has it.

Katie Hopkins' final vile tweet that got her permanently booted off Twitter - Daily Star

Her tweet read: "Dear @MarcusRashford, do you think women should think about how they are going to feed a child before they decide to have it?"I do not want to pay to feed other people’s kids. You are welcome to.
                "Thank you, Katie Hopkins."
                Which is hardly pleasant but well within free speech.

She also suggested white out Wednesday which was truly horrifying:

She tweeted: "Today is #whiteoutwednesday. I will shortly be posting a picture of my arse. Thank you."
                Though not against free speech in my opinion.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

No, it wasn’t against free speech - it was against Twitter ToS.

Katie can post her vile stuff in The Daily Fail or just on her own web site

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    the Star allegedly has it.

Katie Hopkins' final vile tweet that got her permanently booted off Twitter - Daily Star

Which is hardly pleasant but well within free speech.

She also suggested white out Wednesday which was truly horrifying:

Though not against free speech in my opinion.
                    It's not an issue of free speech.

She's free to say whatever she wants, however if what she Tweets breeches the Twitter terms of use, which they are perfectly entitled to enforce on the Service they provide and which she signed uo to when she created her account, then they are free to kick her off.

She's more than able to get herself down to Speakers Corner and make her pitch there if she really wants to, or find another service that doesn't have the same terms of use.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                      No, it wasn’t against free speech - it was against Twitter ToS.

Katie can post her vile stuff in The Daily Fail or just on her own web site
                      Ah. That makes more sense (I am now going to rinse my mouth out for saying that in response to an AtW post)

Comment

Working...
                      X