• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Katie Hopkins permanently suspended from Twitter

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Katie Hopkins permanently suspended from Twitter

Katie Hopkins permanently suspended from Twitter - BBC News

About time!

Comment

She may re-emerge on VK, the 'Russian equivalent of Twitter', as surprisingly have Tommy Robinson (google search 'vk tommy robinson') and others who have been suspended.

"VK is a Russian online social media and social networking service based in Saint Petersburg. As of August 2018, VK had at least 500 million accounts. VK is the 14th most visited website in the world."

Comment

I always thought a suspension was a temporary thing?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          I always thought a suspension was a temporary thing?
          I guess even Mussolini was cut down eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            I guess even Mussolini was cut down eventually.
            They did not want to leave him hanging forever...

Comment

Originally posted by SunnyInHades View Post
              She may re-emerge on VK, the 'Russian equivalent of Twitter', as surprisingly have Tommy Robinson (google search 'vk tommy robinson') and others who have been suspended.
              What's surprising there? Far right supported by Putin, just like Far left, plus anybody else who'd take his money - he is happy to buy everybody who matters in politics - far groups are just much cheaper to purchase and they create a lot more noise, so feels like great value for Putins money.

Comment

Nice if real far right and real far left could cancel out. Trouble is, "far" often gets applied to anyone who doesn't go along with the other side's rhetoric.

PS Although Hopkins was definitely over the top. People need to use careful language to make a valid point.
                Last edited by xoggoth; 19 June 2020, 20:44.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

The problem is they are going to start moving up the value chain from here, we all know it. In a few years, Twitter will only permit a very narrow set of ideas & people so it will become the next My-Space, such is the vanity of man.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
                    The problem is they are going to start moving up the value chain from here, we all know it. In a few years, Twitter will only permit a very narrow set of ideas & people so it will become the next My-Space, such is the vanity of man.
                    There is always 8chan for racists and other scum to post freely

Soon Trump will lose his head of state Twitter privilege and gets his well deserved ban - that would be hilarious

Comment

Working...
                    X