• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Theyve been rumbled

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Theyve been rumbled

ESTHER KRAKUE: I dared to question the aims of Black Lives Matter | Daily Mail Online

We need to wake up and see that people are trying to divide this country and are using minority groups to do it. First it was statues, then it was a potential ban on Swing Low, Sweet Chariot being sung at rugby matches. When will this end? This small faction of Left-wing activists will never stop trying to tear this country apart and shaming every aspect of British heritage. It is incumbent on us all to fight this through education, a fierce defence of free speech, and to call out the hypocrisy of individuals and organisations attempting to weaponise minority groups to their political ends.

WDYFORC

Sent from my 5g carrier pigeon
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by mrdonuts View Post
      ESTHER KRAKUE: I dared to question the aims of Black Lives Matter | Daily Mail Online

We need to wake up and see that people are trying to divide this country and are using minority groups to do it. First it was statues, then it was a potential ban on Swing Low, Sweet Chariot being sung at rugby matches. When will this end? This small faction of Left-wing activists will never stop trying to tear this country apart and shaming every aspect of British heritage. It is incumbent on us all to fight this through education, a fierce defence of free speech, and to call out the hypocrisy of individuals and organisations attempting to weaponise minority groups to their political ends.
      I'm sure that you mean to educate people on why Swing Low Sweet Chariot is a problem and point out that a small faction of Right-wing activists are jumping on the statues bandwagon, looking for a fight.

History education looking at events from all-sides perspectives will help with this.

There is a sizeable part of the population who are being discriminated against for the simple fact that they are the 'wrong' colour. I sure you are simply pointing out that this is a distraction to try to take the focus away from ending that discrimination.

You are right to call out the hypocrisy of individuals and organisations attempting to pretend that they care about discrimination but then do nothing to end it.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
        I'm sure that you mean to educate people on why Swing Low Sweet Chariot is a problem and point out that a small faction of Right-wing activists are jumping on the statues bandwagon, looking for a fight.

History education looking at events from all-sides perspectives will help with this.

There is a sizeable part of the population who are being discriminated against for the simple fact that they are the 'wrong' colour. I sure you are simply pointing out that this is a distraction to try to take the focus away from ending that discrimination.

You are right to call out the hypocrisy of individuals and organisations attempting to pretend that they care about discrimination but then do nothing to end it.

Unfortunately a lot of these movements have nutters at their core (left or right) who want to change the world to suit them, not everyone. All the time you pander to them they will push for a bit more. They have expanded their demands to the UK yet we don't have a similar issue to the states with Police brutality the figures prove it.

I would like the US to make accusations of Police brutality / misconduct a federal matter so it is obvious that there are no cover ups because the states / county police don't have any part in the investigation. That would emulate our IOPC and reduce the 1000 + deaths and many thousand more complaints because Police who offended would know the sheriff wouldn't let them off. Trump could probably do that fairly easily.

I would like our education system to support all ethnicities as needed and explain to the Government, Parents & social services why extra tuition is needed in each case so we can fix the needs permanently. If a pupil is failing because their family is failing then we need a multi agency completely unbiased response.

We are starting to do this with Black kids and there has been an improvement, we don't normally need to do it with Hindu & Sikh or North Asian kids as they always top the leagues yet Pakistani's tend to be at the bottom. I doubt most BNP thugs could tell the difference between someone from south & north of the partition so they are probably abused equally. It is not racism affecting the kids grades and their outcomes it is their culture.

I remember the 80s where racial abuse was open in school & the workspace, now any suggestion of racial abuse in either setting now would quite rightly be dealt with severely. I work with many people of colour and judge them on ability, some are great and some are rubbish at their job just like everyone else. I put up with any colour idiot I have to!

I have seen managers scared of get rid of someone because they are a POC. In two cases where they got rid of someone so bad no one wanted them to work for them and they had provably lied to HR and their managers repeatedly, they ended up in a tribunal citing racial discrimination based on their colour, the firm of course lost.

I have seen moderators assume a post is racist when I think someone is incompetent and the subject is black =I must be racist.

I have suffered the same in the workplace when I acquired a new black boss that messed me about and everyone started to hate for his idiocy. I complained to his boss because he had mistreated me. I was pulled into the directors office (I had been there years) and accused of racism as he had suggested that. I explained no it is because he is an incompetent C**T - they were pretty earthy and I was very angry. They fired him a couple of months later when his incompetence became more obvious. I stayed and got a pay rise.

The assumption does seem to be I'm a POC and you don't like what I am doing so you must be racist.

It could be I just don't like what you are doing because its immoral or illegal.

So actually things are a lot better and there is an equality building. No its not perfect but it is getting there as fast as it is likely to if we keep changing the ethnic mix and building ghettos.

BLM want to break that, I don't want them to.

This lady is in a position to comment and asked why is the BLM movement so aggressive what do you want? She was racially abused by people who apparently shared her ethnicity. I find that worrying, don't you?
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

What is it - annual try out for wanna be War and Peace writers?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            What is it - annual try out for wanna be War and Peace writers?
            JtBitis is the new COV-19

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              I have seen moderators assume a post is racist when I think someone is incompetent and the subject is black =I must be racist.
              I’m assuming incompetence.

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              BLM want to break that, I don't want them to.

This lady is in a position to comment and asked why is the BLM movement so aggressive what do you want? She was racially abused by people who apparently shared her ethnicity. I find that worrying, don't you?
              If that is what happened then indeed it is worrying. But I don’t trust the Mail Online. It is a racist, click-bait site whose main business model is to be outrageous.

If you find another (reliable) source for this article then I would care, but for now I don’t.
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by mrdonuts View Post

If you fiercely defend free speech, presumably you fiercely defend people abusing this young woman, and also people calling for a ban on Swing Low, Sweet Chariot being sung at rugby matches? in terms of the former of these, this shows you up to be a nasty little tulip.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  If you fiercely defend free speech, presumably you fiercely defend people abusing this young woman, and also people calling for a ban on Swing Low, Sweet Chariot being sung at rugby matches? in terms of the former of these, this shows you up to be a nasty little tulip.
                  takes one to know one.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                    takes one to know one.
                    Stop your crying. If you can't take it, stop dishing it out.

Comment

Working...
                    X