• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cancelled Holidays

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Excursion UK View Post
    With reference to an earlier post of yours in which you talk of cycling around Longleat, I'm going Mere.

I've lived many places by the Road to the Sun over the years including Bourton, Queen Camel and Tintinhull.

Interestingly for a part of the world more known for village green cricket, bicycling vicars and old country maids West Camel is notorious for being the location of Gems Campsite. You can read all about that here (possibly NSFW) suffice to say that reports of the goings on at that establishment get the old locals in the Mildmay Arms in a right tizzy.

Always fancied popping up there myself. Just for a look, mind you.
    You can read about the Mildmay Arms here.

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...te-o-mara.html

Comment

With reference to an earlier post of yours in which you talk of cycling around Longleat, I'm going Mere.

I've lived many places by the Road to the Sun over the years including Bourton, Queen Camel and Tintinhull.

Interestingly for a part of the world more known for village green cricket, bicycling vicars and old country maids West Camel is notorious for being the location of Gems Campsite. You can read all about that here (possibly NSFW) suffice to say that reports of the goings on at that establishment get the old locals in the Mildmay Arms in a right tizzy.

Always fancied popping up there myself. Just for a look, mind you.
      Close

For those travelling on the A303 and looking for a stop off for lunch (once cafes are back open) the Visit Hillbrush is a definite thumbs up. Just off the A303 by Mere, and whilst it is technically a brush factory to the Queen, it does cracking breakfasts and lunches with some pretty tasty cakes.
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
        Close

For those travelling on the A303 and looking for a stop off for lunch (once cafes are back open) the Visit Hillbrush is a definite thumbs up. Just off the A303 by Mere, and whilst it is technically a brush factory to the Queen, it does cracking breakfasts and lunches with some pretty tasty cakes.
        Yes, that opened up in the last 3 years or so. Have only been in once to buy an eye wateringly expensive hairbrush for the missus. Didn't try the food - I normally go for a corn dog and slaw at Route 303

Comment

Yes, that opened up in the last 3 years or so. Have only been in once to buy an eye wateringly expensive hairbrush for the missus. Didn't try the food - I normally go for a corn dog and slaw at Route 303
          The shop is definitely aimed at the tourists and not the locals Food though is worth a try - the full English is always a favourite with friends when they come to visit.
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
          X