• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cancelled Holidays

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Excursion UK View Post
    Yes, right at the start of the South West Coast Path. I can vouch from experience that it's not a pretty sight!
    At least with your new bus operation, you have the perfect excuse to inspect their tickets

Comment

I wasn't going anywhere because I never do. I've spent so much time staying in hotels and seeing new places because of contracts that I'm happy to just stay at home

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        We would have had a long layover in Doha on the way back as it's possible to get a transit visa to enter the country and do some sight-seeing.
        Good luck with that. Spent 10 days in Doha back in 1994. Unless there has been a phenomenal upsurge in tourist attractions you'll see more by staying in your hotel.
        I suppose you could visit all the half-built footy stadiums, or the cemeteries housing the graves of the many sub-continent lackeys that have perished whilst building them.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

We were going to Italy but was cancelled due to the pandemic. Now we are stuck here at home.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            Good luck with that. Spent 10 days in Doha back in 1994. Unless there has been a phenomenal upsurge in tourist attractions you'll see more by staying in your hotel.
            I suppose you could visit all the half-built footy stadiums, or the cemeteries housing the graves of the many sub-continent lackeys that have perished whilst building them.

There's a few bits. A new museum, probably built by slave labour, and the souks. Not claiming it's the best cultural destination but it's more that we would be passing through so why not pop out and have a look (and it gets an extra stamp in my passport)

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
              South West England back end of September for a week or two if possible. If not, back garden/golf course for two weeks.
              Yes was getting nostalgic the other night about all those funny place one sees signposted whilst zooming down the 3-zero-3 and A30 that are never visited but are firmly lodged in the mind.

Polyphant, Broadwoodwidger and Fenny Bridges are among my favourites.

(actually, I have been to Broadwoodwidger when I got lost trying to find my way to Bratton Clovelly)

Comment

Yes was getting nostalgic the other night about all those funny place one sees signposted whilst zooming down the 3-zero-3 and A30 that are never visited but are firmly lodged in the mind.

Polyphant, Broadwoodwidger and Fenny Bridges are among my favourites.

(actually, I have been to Broadwoodwidger when I got lost trying to find my way to Bratton Clovelly)
                There used to be a guy on here, I think his name was Karl, he knew that route well.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The sockie doth protest too much, methinks

Comment

About as off grid as we get is a bit of sunbathing in the noddy in the sand dunes at Brean!
                    Once again, most inneresting.

Originally posted by zoco View Post
                    I'd be down that Englischer Garten all day long wandering round in the noddy, primed for a bit of action:
                    Originally posted by Martin Bank Holiday View Post
                    So is she going to attend PMQs in the noddy??
                    Originally posted by Martin Bank Holiday View Post
                    Strategically placed towels or completely in the noddy?
                    Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
                    One of the floats is rumoured to feature some birds in the noddy.

Comment

I was planning on going on a UK based road/rail/sea excursion. I was hoping for an almost exclusively local mystery tour - getting on a bus an visiting several points of interest stopping at various retail outlets where I could then part with some of my hard earned. I then wanted to get on a chartered river cruise, either up the Thames or on the Bristol Channel.

Unfortunately, the UK excursion provider let me down, so I'm instead whisking the family off to Durham for a one-in-a-lifetime luxury eye testing experience.
                      Last edited by Paralytic; 22 June 2020, 15:46.

Comment

Working...
                      X