• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cancelled Holidays

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cancelled Holidays

So, where were you going and where are you going instead?

The wife and I were off to Austria in August. Flying into Vienna, hiring a car and then driving over to Salzburg to do the Sound of Music locations. Then to round it all off I was going to take her up the Gross Glockner.

I don't think a week in my bus at Sandy Balls will quite measure up but there you go

Originally posted by Excursion UK View Post
    So, where were you going and where are you going instead?

The wife and I were off to Austria in August. Flying into Vienna, hiring a car and then driving over to Salzburg to do the Sound of Music locations. Then to round it all off I was going to take her up the Gross Glockner.

I don't think a week in my bus at Sandy Balls will quite measure up but there you go

OXO tower or it didn't happen?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I was supposed to be flying in Qatar Q-suites to Singapore on 1 June. HWMBO and I were then going to travel up through Malaysia via KL, Penang/George Town to Langkawi to stay at the Andaman hotel before returning back to Singapore for a day or two at Raffles before returning home. We would have had a long layover in Doha on the way back as it's possible to get a transit visa to enter the country and do some sight-seeing. As we were flying from Oslo, there would have been a weekend in the city at the end of May, staying at The Thief hotel.

I picked up the flights on one of Qatar's awesome deals that turn up every now and then. £2,300 for the pair of us to fly from Oslo to Singapore in Q-suites. Flights with SAS to position from London were cheap too.

Fortunately, no hotels or in-country travel had been booked, as the sweet spot for that is about 30 days out. All flight costs incurred have been refunded.

I'm now looking to Feb / March and a month of travel so HWMBO and I can do the Singapore / Malaysia trip plus go onto New Zealand too (NZ was going to be a Feb / March trip anyway before the world went to tulip).

Travel, at the front end of the plane, is what I work for.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Travel, at the front end of the plane, is what I work for.
        Always a seat for you at the front of my bus once I'm up and running again, LM

Comment

Originally posted by Excursion UK View Post
          take her up the Gross Glockner
          Sure you were, gricer. Right up there.

Comment

My trip to Rome then Spain has been swapped for a week in Co. Kerry and a long weekend in Waterford city. Need to make the best of it.

Comment

I'm buying a new boat.
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Aiming to try and get away end of July / beginning of August. Will see nearer the time whether that will be UK or overseas.

Comment

South West England back end of September for a week or two if possible. If not, back garden/golf course for two weeks.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Driving to Villefranche sur Mer in September for 8 days - taking the Long Road Down, via Catalan Pyrenees, La Carmargue and along the Cote D'Azur.

"Greta" will consume loads of Carbons.
                    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Working...
                    X