• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Devils lives matter

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Devils lives matter

Royal honour gets slammed for 'looking like George Floyd killing' | Daily Mail Online

Royal honour showing an angel standing on the neck of Satan gets slammed for 'looking like George Floyd killing'

• Campaigners are in uproar over one of Britain's most senior Royal honours
    • Image on The Order of St Michael and St George features angel on Satan's neck
    • But activists say that it looks like the recent killing of George Floyd in the US

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

I saw that on Twitter and assumed it was Photoshopped by a parody account

Comment

Must admit, if that's supposed to be St George vanquishing a dragon then the standard of art is pretty dire.

I do agree though, there's no doubt it is a crude fake
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

St Michael triumphs over the Devil is one of my favourite paintings in the National Gallery. He is the best dressed Saint ever. And the Devil is clearly enjoying it.

In detail: Saint Michael Triumphs over the Devil | Bartolome Bermejo | National Gallery, London

Last edited by Old Greg; 23 June 2020, 20:57.

Comment

****ing world has gone mad.....
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            St Michael triumphs over the Devil is one of my favourite paintings in the National Gallery. He is the best dressed Saint ever. And the Devil is clearly enjoying it.

In detail: Saint Michael Triumphs over the Devil | Bartolome Bermejo | National Gallery, London

Bearing in mind the colouring used on the skin of the two main characters I guess we'll be taking that one down as well
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Bearing in mind the colouring used on the skin of the two main characters I guess we'll be taking that one down as well
              I'm guessing you're wrong.

Comment

I noticed that Black Pietr was still drawing in the crowds when I was in Brussels last December.

Comment

Originally posted by Excursion UK View Post
                  I noticed that Black Pietr was still drawing in the crowds when I was in Brussels last December.
                  Inneresting.

Comment

Working...
                  X