• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The end of the modern Sinclair C5

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The end of the modern Sinclair C5

Segway to end production of iconic two-wheel vehicle after series of high-profile crashes | London Evening Standard

Segways have reached the end of the line. #mallcopsmatter
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    I always like an ironic death.

Jimi Heselden - Wikipedia

James William "Jimi" Heselden[2][3]OBE (27 March 1948 – 26 September 2010)[4][5] was a British entrepreneur. A former coal miner, Heselden became wealthy by manufacturing the Hesco bastion barrier system. In 2010, he bought Segway Inc., maker of the Segway personal transport system.[6] Heselden died in 2010 from injuries apparently sustained falling from a cliff while riding his own product. His estate, bequeathed to his widow and family, was worth over £340 million and he was ranked in the top 400 members of the Sunday Times Rich List.[6][1]t
    Death[edit]

On the morning of 26 September 2010, Heselden was killed when he fell from a cliff footpath into the River Wharfe, at the village of Thorp Arch near Boston Spa; a Segway vehicle was found near him. The West Yorkshire Coroner concluded that Heselden had died accidentally, and that he had probably "got into difficulty" when he reversed his vehicle to allow a man walking his dog to pass.[6][10][1

Comment

Crashes so high profile that they're not covered until the end of the article, which states the reason for stopping production is actually because it's not really a profit earner.

Comment

what are the polis at schiphol airport going to do now?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          what are the polis at schiphol airport going to do now?
          Roller skates I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
            Roller skates I guess.

I used to visit a Carrefour on the outskirts of Alicante that was so huge that the staff wore skates to zip up and down the aisles.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
              That's a shame. Everytime we visit a European city we look to see if there is a segway tour available. The segway tour of Amsterdam is absolutely brilliant. Great fun on the segways and you get to see so much more of the city thank walking around.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

What were those devices like a Segway but without anything to hold onto that appeared a few years ago. ISTR they had a tendency to catch fire and were banned but I could be mistaken.

Comment

Originally posted by Excursion UK View Post
                  What were those devices like a Segway but without anything to hold onto that appeared a few years ago. ISTR they had a tendency to catch fire and were banned but I could be mistaken.
                  You could be banned as well but the Mods seem to have forgotten what they are here for.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Excursion UK View Post
                    Hoverboards or airwheels

I used to use an airwheel for the last mile of my commute in London.
                    Former IPSE member
                    My Website

Comment

Working...
                    X