• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Social distancing today when the sun is shining

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Can't be damaging that bright white skin now can we!
    Well, it's more that the glare could cause an accident

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Well, it's more that the glare could cause an accident

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        I keep to the truth, like Boris.
        Ah.

Indeed.

A definition of "truth" which we've never previously encountered.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          Yes, it's amazing how some people can be fooled by the Daily Mail. The total distance in the photo is well over four miles, the scene is compressed because of the telephoto lens; it is a trick often used by press photographers. If you examine the photo in detail, social distancing is working rather well for a beach.
          While I agree the Daily Mail constantly try and fool and mislead their readers, there's obviously no trick photography there and that beach is a giant human walrus colony!
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            While I agree the Daily Mail constantly try and fool and mislead their readers, there's obviously no trick photography there and that beach is a giant human petri dish!
            FTFY

Bloody idiots at least BLM are protesting (sometimes sensibly) about something.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN
              if covid won't get them, skin cancer will. either way, problem solved.
              Huh what? 2,000 deaths a year from melanoma. It's barely a blip. Lifetime risk is like 1 in 400.

Low Vitamin D leads to much higher rates of CVD.

Considering CVD kills 100 times as many people and lifetime risk of dying from CVD is a little higher than 1 in 4 having all those people at the beach instead of at home is literally saving lives.

Likewise there are early indicators that Vitamin D levels are highly correlated with outcomes for Covid-19.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                It's too hot out. I've stayed indoors like a proper IT professional
                Got my company to buy a Dyson cool thingy fan. It's the only way I'm going to get through these three days of the British summer.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                  Got my company to buy a Dyson cool thingy fan. It's the only way I'm going to get through these three days of the British summer.
                  Don't forget to grease yourself with a thermal paste.

Comment

Working...
                  X