• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

From the Slaver

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
    Serious question, did the other street parties result in assaults on the police?
    The one in Bristol the police stepped back and let it happen. The reason the police stepped back was because they didn't want to cause friction, i.e. yes, there probably would have been trouble had they taken action.

The one in Pewsey they stopped before it started.

Or are you saying the only reason there was trouble in Brixton was due to Brixton having a high % of BAME residents and not because it has a high % of younger people who are more likely to be at the heart of social disturbance?
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
      I think the DM and Guardian are at different ends of the spectrum. Both can be ridiculous at times.

Truth is once you let people pull down statues and get away with violence then you lose control. Feel sorry for the police and the good people that live in Brixton.
      Agreed ... there are idiots everywhere.
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
        The one in Bristol the police stepped back and let it happen. The reason the police stepped back was because they didn't want to cause friction, i.e. yes, there probably would have been trouble had they taken action.

The one in Pewsey they stopped before it started.

Or are you saying the only reason there was trouble in Brixton was due to Brixton having a high % of BAME residents and not because it has a high % of younger people who are more likely to be at the heart of social disturbance?
        I didn't make any assertion, I asked a question. People aren't guilty for what they "probably would do".

As a BAME and in the face of the facts I don't think age demographics are significant here, unless you have some evidence on the contrary. I think it's socio-economic (but this doesn't excuse the behaviour).

Comment

Working...
        X