• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

From the Slaver

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From the Slaver

UK politics live: 15 police officers injured at illegal music event in Brixton | Politics | The Guardian

Fifteen police officers injured at illegal music event in Brixton

The Metropolitan police have said 15 officers were injured and police vehicles damaged when they attended a large unlicensed music event in breach of the coronavirus lockdown on Wednesday night.
    Footage on social media showed a number of police vehicles being smashed and officers chased during a confrontation with a large crown near the Angell Town estate in Brixton, south-east London.
    The Met police said a group of people became hostile when officers encouraged them to leave the event. It said 15 officers were injured, including two who required hospital treatment, though none of the injuries are thought to be serious.

Four people were arrested for assault and public order offences, the force said, adding that gatherings like these were “unlawful, as well as posing a risk to public health and against coronavirus restrictions”.

versus the heil.

Reveller smashes up police car and others fight in street at Brixton block party | Daily Mail Online

Chaos in Brixton: Overpowered police are forced to flee streets and forced into retreat after mob screaming 'run them out!' injure 15 officers as block party descends into mini riot

• Footage shows a large amount of people congregating near Angell Town at 7pm
    • In one video a man climbs on a police car then repeatedly hits it using a table leg
    • A further clip posted to Twitter shows hundreds of people running away in fear

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Really not helping themselves.

They grumble about having higher risk of COVID infection then big party.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
      Really not helping themselves.

They grumble about having higher risk of COVID infection then big party.
      How do you know that the people grumbling are the same people having a big party? Or do they all look the same?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        How do you know that the people grumbling are the same people having a big party? Or do they all look the same?
        BAME grumbles, BAME parties, BAME suffers. Unless Antifa started the party for a laugh.....
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Just to be clear, Brixton has a white majority; BAME are a minority in Brixton. Brixton does have a high % of young people (25-39 age group) so maybe look at that as the reason for the street party and not just skin colour.

Other areas of the country have also had illegal street parties (one in Bristol this last weekend, another one in rural Wiltshire/Pewsey was stopped) but this wasn't blamed on skin colour, yet we get one in South London and the racists jump on it.

And you guys wonder why there is a BLM movement. You may not think of yourselves as racist, but ...... I'll leave it there

And for the record, I think all those doing illegal street parties are idiots.
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
            Just to be clear, Brixton has a white majority; BAME are a minority in Brixton. Brixton does have a high % of young people (25-39 age group) so maybe look at that as the reason for the street party and not just skin colour.

Other areas of the country have also had illegal street parties (one in Bristol this last weekend, another one in rural Wiltshire/Pewsey was stopped) but this wasn't blamed on skin colour, yet we get one in South London and the racists jump on it.

And you guys wonder why there is a BLM movement. You may not think of yourselves as racist, but ...... I'll leave it there

Serious question, did the other street parties result in assaults on the police?

Comment

I think the DM and Guardian are at different ends of the spectrum. Both can be ridiculous at times.

Truth is once you let people pull down statues and get away with violence then you lose control. Feel sorry for the police and the good people that live in Brixton.

Comment

My point was the disparity between the newspaper reports. One was half a page with no pictures, the other was a two page spread with multiple photos. This was of a riot where 20 Police officers were injured. The slaver was a little restrained.

Now if you want to turn this into a race thing then by all means, I suggest GB's question seems reasonable.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

You leave it there. I've been to Brixton (in fact, the Academy reminds me very much of the Manchester Apollo, both very good concert venues).

The BAME reference is to the street party photos above - have a look at the skin colour of the people in the photos. It's based on visual evidence presented above rather than whatabouting. Or are photos staged only when it suits?

Comment

Reveller smashes up police car and others fight in street at Brixton block party | Daily Mail Online

Video footage showed a group of men engaged in what appeared to be a knife fight leaving one individual covered in blood. Met Police confirmed a small number of vehicles were targeted, video footage shows a man attacking a police car with a table leg.
                    In the statement this morning they asked the crowd to leave but they 'did not engage with police.'
                    PC Reg Hollis this morning tweeted that officers had come under 'sustained attack from bottles and missiles.'
                    A further clip posted to Twitter shows hundreds of people running away and screaming in fear as the evening descended into chaos.
                    London Mayor Sadiq Khan said that large gatherings during the Covid-19 pandemic are 'deeply irresponsible and risk others' lives'.
                    Tory Mayoral candidate Shaun Bailey said that Mr Khan had 'lost control of the streets' and that he needs to 'take responsibility for the safety of both Londoners and his police officers'.
                    well that was brave!

Comment

Working...
                    X