• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Well if that doesn't reinstate lockdown...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    I nipped down the beach for a lunchtime swim today. Busy enough - 300 people over a 1 km stretch, I reckon, but that's an advantage of a less densely populated country. Maybe some of the Dublin city beaches (and there are some really lovely beaches near the centre) will be more crowded).

I used to live in Bournemouth and it would be predictable that the stretch 200m either side Bournemouth Pier would be packed, whereas 2 km to the West, where the beach is still beautiful golden sand, it would be half deserted. It was always thus. People like to congregate closely, and can't get it into their heads that it's probably a good idea to spread out given the circumstances.
    Branksome Chine through Sandbanks
    Last edited by Excursion UK; 25 June 2020, 17:25.

Comment

Don't listen to the nanny statists.

Comment

This lot were not really distancing either

Liverpool
        Growing old is mandatory
        Growing up is optional

Comment

The only things social distancing on that beach are brain cells.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            A lot safer outside - now imagine same crowds in pubs all week long
            For once AtW makes a good point. Pubs are going to face a proper onslaught of lager-lager types if the weather is fine. No chance of getting drunken folk to obey rules.

Those I know are trying to set up gradual opening and so on, but the way the public act every time the sun comes out makes a huge seething throng seem pretty likely. I'll wait a week or two!
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by liontamerlou
              as if people went from Birmingham to go on a beach with half a mil people ������
              Brum is annoyingly distant from beaches in every direction, so Bournemouth is definitely an option. The drive isn't great but there is a direct train - and while it takes 3 hours each way, that's all drinking time.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                Brum is ideally distant from imminent mega-tsunami hitting beaches from every direction.
                FTFY

Comment

Working...
                X