• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Well if that doesn't reinstate lockdown...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well if that doesn't reinstate lockdown...

Major incident declared as people flock to England's south coast | World news | The Guardian

A major incident has been declared after thousands of people flocked to beaches on the south coast of England during this week’s hot weather.

Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole council said services were “completely overstretched” as huge numbers of visitors defied advice to stay away.

Idiots.

I'm guessing the media spin will be to stop furloughing.

Comment

A lot safer outside - now imagine same crowds in pubs all week long

Comment

I nipped down the beach for a lunchtime swim today. Busy enough - 300 people over a 1 km stretch, I reckon, but that's an advantage of a less densely populated country. Maybe some of the Dublin city beaches (and there are some really lovely beaches near the centre) will be more crowded).

I used to live in Bournemouth and it would be predictable that the stretch 200m either side Bournemouth Pier would be packed, whereas 2 km to the West, where the beach is still beautiful golden sand, it would be half deserted. It was always thus. People like to congregate closely, and can't get it into their heads that it's probably a good idea to spread out given the circumstances.

Comment

Natural Selection.

With no one going abroad on holiday maybe will make people realise how bloody congested the UK really is.

When people do start going abroad they are supposed to self quarantine on return for 3 weeks!!!! So a nice busy summer F&*^&% everywhere in UK.

Personally I am staying away from any crowded place. Maybe China and India will start WW3 and do everyone a favour.

Comment

Originally posted by mallisarealperson View Post
            With no one going abroad on holiday maybe will make people realise how bloody congested the UK really is.

When people do start going abroad they are supposed to self quarantine on return for 3 weeks!!!! So a nice busy summer F&*^&% everywhere in UK.

Personally I am staying away from any crowded place. Maybe China and India will start WW3 and do everyone a favour.
            14 days was the quarantine, not 21

It has been announced that several countries are not subject to the arrival quarantine as of Monday.

Comment

Just lock down Dorset.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                Just lock down Dorset.
                Many have been saying that for years!

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
                  Many have been saying that for years!

Take off and nuke it from orbit!
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Keep track of the effective reproductive number here: https://ibz-shiny.ethz.ch/covid-19-re/ You can get the UK's figures using the navigation menu on the left.

Most recent figures available are for ten days ago, due to the way the calculations are done and the data is collected. 95% confidence interval is currently below 1, centred on 0.954.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X