• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working remote for the climate

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working remote for the climate

Working from home looks like it will be part of government policy to tackle the impending climate crisis.

Reducing UK emissions: 2020 Progress Report to Parliament - Committee on Climate Change

Requests for working from home should include sanctimonious lectures on climate change.
    I'm alright Jack

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Working from home looks like it will be part of government policy to tackle the impending climate crisis.

Reducing UK emissions: 2020 Progress Report to Parliament - Committee on Climate Change

Requests for working from home should include sanctimonious lectures on climate change.
    ...followed by triggered outrage by fruitbat denialists.

Comment

how can the brits pick fruit and make jam&biscuits from home?

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
        Sell their distressed mortgages to vulture funds and make them homeless. Problem solved. It's the free market.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          Sell their distressed mortgages to vulture funds and make them homeless. Problem solved. It's the free market.
          Oh, I see, they will sleep right in the fruit fields they need to farm. Sleeping under the stars, so beautiful!

Brits, the whole world is going to be jealous of you

Thank you boris.

Comment

Oh, I see, they will sleep right in the fruit fields they need to farm. Sleeping under the stars, so beautiful!

Brits, the whole world is going to be jealous of you

Thank you boris.
            It's what people voted for so no complaining.

The British are among the worst idlers in the world.

Britannia Unchained: Global Lessons for Growth and Prosperity, by
            Kwasi Kwarteng, Priti Patel, Dominic Raab, Chris Skidmore and Elizabeth Truss

Comment

Already seeing job ads stating "currently work from home. After the coronavirus period, a 5 day week in the office is expected"

what a missed opportunity. Yes let's make everyone unhappy again.
              ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
                Already seeing job ads stating "currently work from home. After the coronavirus period, a 5 day week in the office is expected"

I used to think that WFH 3 days / office 2 days was the ideal. But I'm going into the office after lunch today, which will be twice in a week (zero times last week or planned for next week) and it feels like a real chore. I would happily WFH full-time forever.

Comment

New franchise: UberFruits. You get the fruit delivered and make the jam and biscuits in your own kitchen.

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post

Presenteeism is more important than delivery for some unfortunately.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    I used to think that WFH 3 days / office 2 days was the ideal. But I'm going into the office after lunch today, which will be twice in a week (zero times last week or planned for next week) and it feels like a real chore. I would happily WFH full-time forever.
                    That's what I was doing before covid: 2 days in/3 days home and I also thought it was perfect. BUT, I was working on a project where everyone in the team were based in the same geographic location so it was useful to meet in person every once in a while.

My current project team is all spread throughout the uk so even if I had to go in the office I'd always be doing everything via zoom so what's the point?

My partner on the other hand can't wait to go bak in the office everyday, but that's more because now she has to deal with me all day every day

Comment

Working...
                    X