• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So, the PM's new paint job...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    I thought "Manchester Slaver" was one of your finest moments on CUK.

Manchester Salver it is!

Salver for short.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      Manchester Salver it is!

Salver for short.
      It's up to you, but IMO a minor dig at poor spelling really dilutes the main message about the US Civil War.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
        The thing also still doubles up as an in-flight refuelling aircraft so I doubt it's all that luxurious inside. Bu it is slightly more impressive than a rented 737 or flight EZY 22 from Gatwick.

For comparison the full list of who flies what can be seen here: ours seems to be modestly typical
        Isn't it actually leased though, from Airtanker?

About Voyager

Prime Minister’s First Flight on Voyager
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
          Isn't it actually leased though, from Airtanker?

About Voyager

Prime Minister’s First Flight on Voyager
          So? How many others are bought outright? Come to that how many are multi-purpose?
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post

RAF Voyager: New GBP900,000 paintwork for PM's plane completed - BBC News

Wouldn't it have been easier to borrow one off BA*?

* Yes, I know that its RAF spec, but still. It's the kind of crap that we take the piss out of Trump for.
            The RAF voyager costs around £2,000 per flying hour as opposed to £6,700 per flying hour for chartering from BA

Just because something costs a lot of money, doesn't mean it saves even more
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
              It looks amazing and have to say it is money very well spent. This is needed because in post Brexit world identity is quite important. It was finished with a budget less than a million and that is good news.
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                The RAF voyager costs around £2,000 per flying hour as opposed to £6,700 per flying hour for chartering from BA

Just because something costs a lot of money, doesn't mean it saves even more
                Bargain!
                ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
                Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

When will he require a helicopter like his big brother in the USA has? Maybe we could have a naming competition for it...
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I didn't expect to, but I rather like it. It's no secret I'm no fan of Boris, but I don't think it's a bad thing to have a nice UK Gov flagship aircraft.

Only bit I dislike is the gold United Kingdom writing.

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                    The thing also still doubles up as an in-flight refuelling aircraft so I doubt it's all that luxurious inside. Bu it is slightly more impressive than a rented 737 or flight EZY 22 from Gatwick.
                    I've been on a couple of tanker sortees (TriStar and VC10) and they were kitted out like regular airliners inside. I don't think there are many technical limitations - the internals will be very similar to the civvie version. The guy who trained me for my flight radio license flies the A330 commercially and the Voyager/MRTT as part of the RAF Reserves (lucky bastard) and he reckon they're very similar overall - but we weren't discussing this VIP version admittedly.
                    Last edited by vwdan; 26 June 2020, 14:50.

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
                      Bargain!
                      Honestly, I'm amazed it's that cheap. You're lucky to get change out of £200 pottering about in a light aircraft - 10x the price for an airliner feels like a steal. You're talking £4k an hour for a Typhoon, and that's conservative given we funded the development

Comment

Working...
                      X