• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Doomscrolling

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doomscrolling

What reading AtW's posts is doing to your brain

Doomscrolling is slowly eroding your mental health | Ars Technica

...There’s something else in the etymology, though. Particularly in the word doom. Originally, the word had connotations that related it to judgement day and the end of the world, but now it's just as likely to be associated with destruction or ruin. The act of doomscrolling, then, is to roll toward annihilation.

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

One day someone will invent a word that describes Scooty's posts, but we might need a whole new language for that...
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Doom favours the prepared mind

HTH

Comment

Treat the worked "Doom" as a trigger warning and avoid the threads. I rather enjoy them, personally.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          Treat the worked "Doom" as a trigger warning and avoid the threads. I rather enjoy them, personally.
          Fear of the unknown is the worst - so she has to read them...

Comment

So what's vetran doing to our brains with his Daily Wail posts? (I think he deserves his own thread, like Nick Fitz's Monday Links).
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

This is thread about me me me

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                So what's vetran doing to our brains with his Daily Wail posts? (I think he deserves his own thread, like Nick Fitz's Monday Links).
                Whatever the wail tells em to do. Thinking is outlawed.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                  One day someone will invent a word that describes Scooty's posts, but we might need a whole new language for that...

Or a broken swear filter!
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

Educating you of course. Next week I will throw in some Tracey Cox stories. Imagine if you could improve your pelvic health and win mind blowing orgasms!

I do throw a few Manchuster Slaver & BS Broadcasting corporation ones in as well.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X