• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DOOM: Immunity

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DOOM: Immunity

Lockdown and social distancing could make our immune system weaker, says scientist

People are not exposed to germs and so do not develop defences that could protect them against future pandemics, Oxford epidemiologist warns

Prolonged periods of lockdown cocooning the public from germs could leave people dangerously vulnerable to new viruses, a leading epidemiologist has warned.

Sunetra Gupta, professor of theoretical epidemiology at the University of Oxford, fears intense social distancing could actually weaken immune systems because people are not exposed to germs and so do not develop defences that could protect them against future pandemics.

Lockdown and social distancing could make our immune system weaker, says scientist

big archie down the pub says bollocks.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      Sounds like you've pulled.

Comment

he says you're a total twat, too

Comment

There was some other research that said that immunity faded within two months and before that another that herd immunity was a myth as the virus mutates so quickly.

Really there is a differing scientific opinion for every argument; I mean I'm a big fan of diversity of opinion but it looks to me like nobody has a clue what to do.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
            nobody has a clue what to do.
            YouTube

Comment

How is big archie these days? Last I heard his good lady was doing time over a misunderstanding regarding some terms of business

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                How is big archie these days? Last I heard his good lady was doing time over a misunderstanding regarding some terms of business
                i find myself unable to comment on that, sorry.
                i like my kneecaps too much.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
                  There was some other research that said that immunity faded within two months and before that another that herd immunity was a myth as the virus mutates so quickly.

Really there is a differing scientific opinion for every argument; I mean I'm a big fan of diversity of opinion but it looks to me like nobody has a clue what to do.
                  We're all going to die .... that's a fact
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

he says you're a total twat, too
                    Pillow talk. Big Archie knows how to get you in the mood.

Comment

Working...
                    X