• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

35k for toilet design

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

35k for toilet design

“ NASA wants you to help put the loo in lunar, so it's offering $35,000 in prizes to design a toilet that can be used on the moon.

The space agency has set an ambitious goal of sending astronauts back to the moon by 2024 and the crew will obviously have to go to the bathroom during the mission.”

NASA is offering $35,000 in prizes to design a toilet that will work on the moon - CNN

Would be very useful since this is where stock market is going

Some people ask for too much imagination.

Do your no.2 into a bag. Freeze it with liquid nitrogen if it's a bit squitty. Then pretend it's a golf ball and tee it off into space.

With a no.1 just widdle on the regolith. It'll be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      “ NASA wants you to help put the loo in lunar, so it's offering $35,000 in prizes to design a toilet that can be used on the moon.

The space agency has set an ambitious goal of sending astronauts back to the moon by 2024 and the crew will obviously have to go to the bathroom during the mission.”

NASA is offering $35,000 in prizes to design a toilet that will work on the moon - CNN

Would be very useful since this is where stock market is going
      Obviously you need Earth's gravity for a proper "number two". So my design would have the toilet bowl on the end of a large centrifuge, like in that James Bond film, and once comfortably seated one would just press a button to set it, and your bowels, in motion.

Where do I claim my $35,000 ?

Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        Obviously you need Earth's gravity for a proper "number two". So my design would have the toilet bowl on the end of a large centrifuge, like in that James Bond film, and once comfortably seated one would just press a button to set it, and your bowels, in motion.

Where do I claim my $35,000 ?
        Or you end up with something like this?

His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          Some people ask for too much imagination.

Do your no.2 into a bag. Freeze it with liquid nitrogen if it's a bit squitty. Then pretend it's a golf ball and tee it off into space.

With a no.1 just widdle on the regolith. It'll be fine.
          In the space station, Pee is recycled using reverse osmosis. The part could be build into the toilet using a hand crank.

Having a pee on the Moon could be done outside for males. An zip airtight fly would facilitate this. The human body can withstand a vacuum however, as gravity on the Moon is 1/6 of Earth, plus there is no air resistance, having a pee would project about 10 metres by which time the pee may evaporate due to zero air pressure. It may look like a foggy cloud from behind a rock.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Produkt – Jonhy Wee

minimus - DAS Taschen-Ortchen - minimus - DAS Taschen-Ortchen

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

The Glasgow version below.

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Lorry driver tizer...

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  Lorry driver tizer...

I'm not sure if I should ask how you know that phrase?
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

"Bonus points will be awarded to designs that can capture vomit without requiring the crew member to put his/her head in the toilet," the guidelines said.

Comment

Working...
                    X