• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DOOM: Taxes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DOOM: Taxes

“ Boris Johnson will promise that those who bore the brunt of austerity will not be made to pay for repairing the coronavirus-ravaged economy as he seeks to regain the political initiative.”

Coronavirus: No austerity for workers as we recover, says Johnson | News | The Times

Pretty clear threat - he will sure make somebody pays for it, not his offshore holding mates obviously

Haha... good one.

Comment

There will be no return to austerity.

We will, instead, have financial rigor and prudence.

That's not a shovel, it's a spade...

Comment

Sh1t sandwich - who here want's to take a bite?
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Boris rules out austerity

Pound dropping, debt exceeds 100% of GDP.

Boris won't do anything that makes him unpopular, spend spend spend....
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates
            Boris rules out austerity

Pound dropping, debt exceeds 100%.

Boris won't do anything that makes him unpopular, spend spend spend....
            Country List Government Debt to GDP

Some countries with the lowest debt to GDP

Afghanistan
            Republic of Congo
            Palestine
            Libya

Some countries with the very highest debt to GDP

Japan
            Italy
            Singapore
            United States

Debt, for lack of a better word, is good

Comment

What is fascinating is how Tories are now proclaiming the virtues of debt and the nationalisation of the rail network.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

they have quite a few people that have to retire soon, that need to get out their savings from the house.
                How do you tell them that it's actually not worth that much, you might have to work a bit more?

You find new ways to transfer wealth from younger generation to older. You have to keep those happy they are at the backbone of society, not productivity wise but ideology wise.
                Otherwise who will be there to tell the struggling millennial to cut back on avocados and just work harder?

It will be a tulipstorm. They have a new product now similar to the CDO's that almost bankrupt the banks in '08.
                Hopefully the news will come out and they won't scapegoat the COVID for all the illegalities they've done AGAIN.

Comment

those lockdown English lessons not going so well then?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                    those lockdown English lessons not going so well then?
                    Leave Gigi alone ... it takes quite a bit of effort and concentration to maintain that chip on his shoulder
                    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                    X