• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Me 'ouse is me pension

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
    also full of students and w4nk3rs
    Huv'in grown up in that part of the world... something tells me if you said that to their face you'd not be using a keyboard again for a wee while.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Huv'in grown up in that part of the world... something tells me if you said that to their face you'd not be using a keyboard again for a wee while.
      Pretty harsh for being called a student

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        Don't worry about me. You stay safe in Germany, OK pal?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          It's something you take out, to buy your ex-wife a large comfortable house.
          Ah, so ask Brillo for full details.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            Ah, so ask Brillo for full details.
            He bulk bought a new build estate.

Comment

Up tick in big houses going on the market around here. It looks like the house is my pension lot are looking to sell up.

I might take a look when I can haggle 20% off.
              Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
                Don't worry about me. You stay safe in Germany, OK pal?
                He must have called one of them a student.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
                  Up tick in big houses going on the market around here. It looks like the house is my pension lot are looking to sell up.

I might take a look when I can haggle 20% off.
                  As in previous house price drops, only those forced to sell will be putting their property on the market and will take silly offers. Most people will hold on for their desired price, or just not list their property.

Of course, the question though will be, how many people will be forced to sell their property due to the ineptitude of this government's running (or should that be ruining) of the economy?

However, as in the early 90's, and 2007/8, what goes down will go back up in the medium term and continue to grow in the long term. Reason being, we are a small island with a growing population and we can't make more land. As time goes by demand for good property will remain strong.

Their is anecdotal evidence that demand for city centre properties is slowing and larger properties in villages is growing - due to the fear of more pandemics in the future and wanting personal space via lockdowns. How long this lasts, and how long our memory of lockdown endures, remains to be seen though.

The uptake ... if you don't need to sell, then don't. If you want to buy then there could be some desperate sellers and hence bargains. Think carefully about location as, more than ever, location will control how strong the house prices remain in that area.

All pretty basic stuff

p.s. Sorry, I don't have a graph to back this up.
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                    As in previous house price drops, only those forced to sell will be putting their property on the market and will take silly offers. Most people will hold on for their desired price, or just not list their property.

Of course, the question though will be, how many people will be forced to sell their property due to the ineptitude of this government's running (or should that be ruining) of the economy?

However, as in the early 90's, and 2007/8, what goes down will go back up in the medium term and continue to grow in the long term. Reason being, we are a small island with a growing population and we can't make more land. As time goes by demand for good property will remain strong.

Their is anecdotal evidence that demand for city centre properties is slowing and larger properties in villages is growing - due to the fear of more pandemics in the future and wanting personal space via lockdowns. How long this lasts, and how long our memory of lockdown endures, remains to be seen though.

The uptake ... if you don't need to sell, then don't. If you want to buy then there could be some desperate sellers and hence bargains. Think carefully about location as, more than ever, location will control how strong the house prices remain in that area.

All pretty basic stuff

If you want to buy a more expensive house (and you can finance it), then a 20% drop on the value of both your house and the house you buy works in your favour.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

No graph or it din't happen.
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X