• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to deal with a 'Problem' Neighbour!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to deal with a 'Problem' Neighbour!!

Hi Guys,

My house is on the market & to get privacy I bought some new Bamboo trees and kept them at my side of fence (but away from fence) so that people visiting for viewing can feel privacy.

Now My neighbour decided to cut it by putting hedge trimmer over fence inside myside and cut Bamboo to the level of Fence!!. I spent £200 to get these trees so that neigbbours window is not overlooking my backgarden.All point of me buying these trees where to get some additional privacy. I did not permanently keep trees there jut left it on pot so that I can move it as soon as I sell the house. We are not talking about large hedge going over neighbour's fence. Trees kept 2 feet inside my fence in a pot.

Also my other neigbbours trees are well over fence and even hanging over fence but I never had any issue with that as it provides me also more privacy.

How to deal with this nasty neighbour without lawyer..?? Thanks.

Accuse him of being a witch, then let the town folk deal with him.

Comment

Is car parking affected?

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
        Accuse him of being a witch, then let the town folk deal with him.
        But don't put it in writing or you'll need to declare it to potential buyers.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          But don't put it in writing or you'll need to declare it to potential buyers.
          That’s exactly what a witch would say! Burn Greg

Comment

remington pump?

Comment

How much will it cost to replant with new ones equal to the height they were when he (it's always a he…) cut them? You could probably take him to the small claims court or something.

I reckon he wouldn't have a leg to stand on in court, as he's not allowed to cut plants in your garden other than any parts overhanging his property, and then only to cut them back to the boundary (and must return the trimmings to you, should you want them).

IANAL, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                remington pump?
                Exactly this ^^ no wonder your house is on the market.
                In Scooter we trust

Comment

Horses head in master bedroom usually works fine

Wilmslow

Comment

Put the next trees further away than a hedge trimmer can reach (and hide wire in amongst the branches just in case...)
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                    X