• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Local lockdown

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    I wonder what government was calling the teaching unions liars....
    I suspect it's the one with the letters c, u, t and n in it's official name...
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
      You need to visit Leicester to understand. There is a large emigration population with houses packed to the maximum. Often UK laws are not understood or ignored eg. rubbish and old furniture dumped in the streets. The same is in parts of North London.

Are you sure? There was no mention of immigration being a factor or is this the another media smoke screen to protect the 'cultural sensibilities'? If emigration and adherence to UK law is a factor then why would those who ignored lock down down now stick to it?

Anyway if Leicester City play Crystal Palace at the Crisp Packet Stadium this weekend that will make even more of a mockery than Dom's road trip.
      Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
        Are you sure? There was no mention of immigration being a factor or is this the another media smoke screen to protect the 'cultural sensibilities'? If emigration and adherence to UK law is a factor then why would those who ignored lock down down now stick to it?

Anyway if Leicester City play Crystal Palace at the Crisp Packet Stadium this weekend that will make even more of a mockery than Dom's road trip.
        It was mentioned by a local councillor who believed many of the locals hadn't understood or obeyed lockdown.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          It was mentioned by a local councillor who believed many of the locals hadn't understood or obeyed lockdown.
          Mentioned by a councillor? Hmmm.

It may be a factor or it may not be a factor. It would need to be evidenced. Worth bearing in mind, however, the long and ignoble history of blaming minority groups for the impact of pandemics, e.g. Persecution of Jews during the Black Death - Wikipedia

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post

It may be a factor or it may not be a factor. It would need to be evidenced. Worth bearing in mind, however, the long and ignoble history of blaming minority groups for the impact of pandemics, e.g. Persecution of Jews during the Black Death - Wikipedia
            Not sure the Jews accused themselves?

from link in my earlier post.

City councillor Ratilal Govind said he thought a lack communication with people who do not speak English as a first language could be one factor behind the increasing numbers.Some 49 per cent of Leicester’s 340,000 population is of Asian heritage or from black backgrounds while in east Leicester that figure is around two thirds.
            “I have seen young people getting together, having a few drinks and conversation,” the Labour councillor told the MailOnline.

Seems perfectly reasonable to me, unless someone is translating the daily briefings and NHS adverts its not like our new neighbours are getting the same immersive experience as those who speak English are. We as a nation should do something about that.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              Not sure the Jews accused themselves?

from link in my earlier post.

Seems perfectly reasonable to me, unless someone is translating the daily briefings and NHS adverts its not like our new neighbours are getting the same immersive experience as those who speak English are. We as a nation should do something about that.
              But where is the evidence?

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post

Just Google "Covid19 ethnic groups" and you will see. There are a number of factors including lack of vitamin D, close proximity in housing, close proximity in communities, and poverty. However, in my own observations, social distancing is not observed.
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Why is OG now linking the Jews? You are Long Baily and I claim my £5.
                  Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                    Just Google "Covid19 ethnic groups" and you will see. There are a number of factors including lack of vitamin D, close proximity in housing, close proximity in communities, and poverty. However, in my own observations, social distancing is not observed.
                    I suspect you're right, it's disappointing investigative journalism and critical thinking is out of vouge and hand wrinigng, wokism is in, no matter how many have to die out of the fear of being called a racist.
                    Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post

Nobody is blaming or persecuting minorities for the pandemic. However, the behaviour of various minorities are different and there is a language problem and communication issues that makes the situation worse. And yes I have personal experience of the same.
                      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                      X