• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Local lockdown

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
    Why is OG now linking the Jews? You are Long Baily and I claim my £5.
    I see we have another English comprehension CSE failure among us.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      I see we have another English comprehension CSE failure among us.
      You will be deflecting from the root cause by blaming 5g next, oh you already did.
      Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

You will be deflecting from the root cause by blaming 5g next, oh you already did.
        But did I?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          But where is the evidence?
          Expert eye witness testimony not enough?
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            Expert eye witness testimony not enough?
            In terms of epidemiology? Not really.

Comment

well this bloke misunderstood!

Leicester mayor Sir Peter Soulsby, 71,broke Covid rules to visit his girlfriend | Daily Mail Online

Leicester's Labour mayor Sir Peter Soulsby, 71, who has criticised ministers over city's new lockdown broke Covid rules himself to visit his girlfriend

• Sir Peter Soulsby, 71, broke lockdown rules to visit Lesley Summerland, 64
              • Neighbours claim they saw him 'regularly' in April and started filming him in May
              • Mayor today spoke at a conference as his city is shut down after spike in cases

maybe he was checking his eyes?

Comment

They are both old so maybe he was her carer or vice versa. It was explicitly allowed under the rules.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

The perils of living next door to Wilmslow.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    They are both old so maybe he was her carer or vice versa. It was explicitly allowed under the rules.
                    Police spoke to the Mayor after the visits came to light and gave him advice about the restrictions in place. Speaking to BBC Radio Leicester last month, he apologised for the error of judgement and admitted 'it was setting a very bad example'.
                    But he pointed to other 'high-profile people' who had flouted the lockdown.
                    hmm no he didn't try that for some reason.

Sir Peter told the BBC: 'I don't think anybody would claim that there was anything in my behaviour that ran any risk whatsoever of spreading the virus.

'It can be certainly interpreted as against the spirit of the lockdown, if not against the regulations.'

he said he was 'ready to apologise' unlike 'some of the high-profile people who are far more influential in setting policy about this than I am'.

Officers said they would not be taking further action against him because the allegations, which the mayor admitted, were 'historic'.

Did try a bit of Cummings blaming!
                    Can't investigate historic crimes unless it involves Cliff, the BBC and a Helicopter.

Comment

It look like Leicester is the first to return to lockdown, any ideas why lockdown failed? Has the virus mutated, lockdown not been followed, did the major refuse to lock down the city in some wired Republican support of Trump?
                      I gather many or even most of the new cases are in areas such as Belgrave and Spinney Hill that have a high BAME population and a lot of Victorian terraced housing, so it's probably due to a combination of the higher susceptibility that has been observed among BAME people and comparatively cramped living conditions. Remember, the population of Leicester has the highest proportion of BAME people of anywhere in the country, at around 50%.

(I've lived in both those areas at times over the years and they're really nice communities to live in, so don't run away with the idea that they're some kind of poverty-stricken slums. They may not be the wealthiest districts in the city, but they aren't run-down hellholes by a long way.)

We need a wall and Leiecster should pay for it.
                      No need. Nobody ever comes here anyway, and of those that do, very few seem to leave once they've arrived - I came here as a university student nearly forty years ago

Comment

Working...
                      X