• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Local lockdown

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    It's more than that. How are they going to tell who is Covid and who is not Covid during the seasonal cold / flu outbreak? Easy at the moment.
    By reading the death certificate

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      You mean the ones sent to prison?
      Yep. Those are the tossers to whom I was alluding, thereby attempting to demonstrate that OG Paddy's argument was perhaps not entirely cogent.

Definitely not playing with a full deck today are you? Been on the cough syrup?
      My word. Even when I am indirectly slightly agreeing with you, you're so incredibly thick (or pig headed or both) that you don't notice.

Edit: mean Paddy, not OG.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        Yep. Those are the tossers to whom I was alluding, thereby attempting to demonstrate that OG's argument was perhaps not entirely cogent.

My word. Even when I am indirectly slightly agreeing with you, you're so incredibly thick (or pig headed or both) that you don't notice.
        Have another read. I wasn't making an argument.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          He popped round to clean her windows. And if you think that's a euphemism, you've clearly done the whole hundred days...
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Coronavirus: Why has Leicester had a spike of coronavirus? - BBC News

The east of the city appears to be the epicentre of this local outbreak. The area includes streets with tightly packed terraced housing, and has a high proportion of ethnic minority families where multi-generational living is more common.

Indeed, Leicester as a whole is one of the most culturally diverse areas in the country, with about half of its residents from ethnic minority groups.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
              Coronavirus: Why has Leicester had a spike of coronavirus? - BBC News

The east of the city appears to be the epicentre of this local outbreak. The area includes streets with tightly packed terraced housing, and has a high proportion of ethnic minority families where multi-generational living is more common.

Indeed, Leicester as a whole is one of the most culturally diverse areas in the country, with about half of its residents from ethnic minority groups.
              If only somebody who knows the city well, maybe even lives there, had posted something like that upthread. It could have saved everybody a lot of argufying.

Oh, hang on, what's this:

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              I gather many or even most of the new cases are in areas such as Belgrave and Spinney Hill that have a high BAME population and a lot of Victorian terraced housing, so it's probably due to a combination of the higher susceptibility that has been observed among BAME people and comparatively cramped living conditions. Remember, the population of Leicester has the highest proportion of BAME people of anywhere in the country, at around 50%.

Comment

What are you doing up so late?
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  Have another read. I wasn't making an argument.

HTH
                  Have another read. I wasn't quoting you. I just mistakenly attributed it to you.

HTH
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                    What are you doing up so late?
                    We're in lockdown here, it's not like I have anywhere to go in the morning

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                      Yep. Those are the tossers to whom I was alluding, thereby attempting to demonstrate that OG Paddy's argument was perhaps not entirely cogent.

Edit: mean Paddy, not OG.

Sorry not used to you agreeing with me!
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X