• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

AtW: Vacant shops turned into homes!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AtW: Vacant shops turned into homes!

Boris has just announced it, the Mail tells me so it must be true.

Snap up that Kebab shop as an extension!

Its hardly a new idea, but a welcome move where the shop isn't ever going to be viable. It is what happened to pubs but the villages became poorer for it.

I suspect offices will go the same way as everyone stays WFH.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      Its hardly a new idea, but a welcome move where the shop isn't ever going to be viable. It is what happened to pubs but the villages became poorer for it.

I missed this one in Bournemouth, only a few yards from the sea. The shop went for £12,000 freehold ten years ago.

Google Maps
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Definitely not a new idea.

Most of the corner shops where I grew up were turned in to homes a few years after Sunday trading made them unviable.

A cash and carry where I grew up was turned into flats about 10 years ago.

Some offices where I live now that were empty for over 10 years are now flats. They were converted within the last 4 years.

The main issue is apart from the corner shop conversions due to their locations they don't have enough parking.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Just waiting for MF to put his for sale - this time next year...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Just waiting for MF to put his for sale - this time next year...
            Im looking to buy some shop properties but the prices are still SKY high. Hopefully when everyone loses their jobs in October and the economy collapses i'll be able to jump in and clean up on the cheap.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              Im looking to buy some shop properties but the prices are still SKY high. Hopefully when everyone loses their jobs in October and the economy collapses i'll be able to jump in and clean up on the cheap.
              Grats. Sounds like you are leveling up from scalping on amazon.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
                Boris has just announced it, the Mail tells me so it must be true.

Snap up that Kebab shop as an extension!
                It would always have that lovely smell, you'd be constantly hungry
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  That’s the spirit, you are a real role model!

If only we knew how to be more like you

Comment

They're in the process of doing just that near us. The asking prices are ridiculous for the location.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                    X